AV1 frame size question

Jason matis

Jun 14, 2021, 9:29:57 PM6/14/21
to AV1 Discussion
Can someone help me answering following question?
AV1 discloses a temporal unit that contains multiple OBUs. The OBUs can be a Frame header OBU and/or scalability metadata. Does Frame size information can be considered as a message that is applied to a picture in the access unit?

Thanks
Jason

Wan-Teh Chang

Jun 15, 2021, 12:54:10 PM6/15/21
to AV1 Discussion
Hi Jason,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 6:29 PM Jason matis <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone help me answering following question?
> AV1 discloses a temporal unit that contains multiple OBUs. The OBUs can be a Frame header OBU and/or scalability metadata. Does Frame size information can be considered as a message that is applied to a picture in the access unit?

I am sorry that I don't understand the question:

Does Frame size information can be considered as a message that is
applied to a picture in the access unit?

Specifically, what is the "Frame size information"? And what is the
"access unit"?

Thanks,
Wan-Teh Chang