AV1 real time mode in Chrome 90

Lin Wang

Jul 27, 2021, 2:06:23 PM7/27/21
to AV1 Discussion
Hi,

I am currently trying to implement web conferences application using webRTC. As far as I know, chrome 90 includes AV1 codec(Libaom). I need to use AV1's real-time mode in my application.
Can anyone tell me if I need to configure real time mode somewhere or chrome automatically enable AV1's real-time mode in my web meeting application?

Thanks.

Wang

Jerome Jiang

Jul 27, 2021, 2:29:49 PM7/27/21
to av1-d...@aomedia.org, Philip Eliasson

Hi Wang,

WebRTC already has libaom enabled by default on all platforms except Android and ChromeOS, and it already has real-time mode configured.

You should be able to just tell WebRTC to use AV1 when creating encoder:

Philip is cc'ed and he can probably provide more information on how to invoke AV1 encoder in WebRTC.

Thanks.

Lin Wang

Jul 28, 2021, 7:09:13 PM7/28/21
to AV1 Discussion, Jerome Jiang, Philip Eliasson
Hi Jiang,

Thanks so much for your information.

Wang