Gslug Meeting Sat. November 14th - Redmond

Michael Evans

Nov 13, 2015, 4:49:44 AM11/13/15
to GSLUG, gslug-general
The next GSLUG meeting will be held on Saturday, November 14th.
Please join us at Microsoft's Redmond building 41 location between Noon and 3 PM.

3099 156th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052

More information can be found on IRC (FreeNode, #gslug) on our website:

The November meeting is targeted at beginner/intermediate level Linux/Libre software users.

Currently another speaker whom has yet to confirm is planning a talk on the different components in a complete operating system with user interface.

I am planning a talk inspired by the keynote speaker at this year's SeaGL conference, centered around informed user choice and how this is a requisite for freedom in the modern age.

Please also join us at tonight's organizational meeting to discus open items from our TODO list, as well as continued discussion on items that I've learned we should consider adding to that list from talks at this year's SeaGL conference.

I hope to see you in IRC at 6:45 PM (18:45) PST, on Thursday the 19th of November in the #gslug channel of FreeNode.  If you've not used IRC before you can easily access this from the frontpage of http://gslug.org/

Michael Evans

Nov 19, 2015, 5:57:31 PM11/19/15
to GSLUG, gslug-general
Please also join us at tonight's organizational meeting to decide a number of open item topics.

* The preferred rotation schedule for physical locations, meeting hosts please attend.
* The location for our December meeting; I would like to propose we have an entirely /online/ meeting.
* Suggestions for future talks at meetings.
* Revisiting other items on our http://gslug.org/wiki/TODO list
* Adding new topics of discussion to our TODO list.
* Refining the code of conduct and making a more formal process(es?) for it.

I'll be working on some of the topics from prior meetings between when I get off work and when the meeting starts; this means some open action items might have the most basic remediation applied but still need a 'better' solution.

Michael Evans

Dec 12, 2015, 12:10:23 AM12/12/15
to GSLUG, gslug-general
The next GSLUG meeting will be held on Saturday, December 12th.

Join us at Noon on IRC (FreeNode, #gslug) on our website:

The topic of the meeting is generic user support.  Ask questions, get answers.  Or attend to provide your own expert opinion on quests asked.

Also part of the meeting, our organizational tasks, including planning out future meetings.

The typical Thursday org meeting will be held /during/ the normal meeting.