ANZCA AGM Reminder

1 view

Marc C-Scott

Feb 18, 2021, 10:12:39 PM2/18/21
to anzca-l...@anzca.org

Dear ANZCA members and associates,

We hope you and your family are doing well and safe during these difficult times.

This is a reminder of the upcoming ANZCA AGM next Friday 26th February 2021. Further information discussed below.
Today is listed as last day for submission of action items and membership signups/renewals, but if you can get it done over the weekend (by 9am Monday) it should still be fine.
Further information about the AGM will be sent out to paid members early next week.

Make sure to also have a look at the 2021 AZNCA Conference website (http://anzca.org/conference/2021).  CFP submissions are still open until next Friday 26th February 2021.
Remember your membership gives you a discounted ticket price. There are also some new membership + ticket bundles too.

ANZCA AGM Info

Given the continued impact of COVID-19 on the ANZCA and its members, an extension to hold the AGM was granted by the Registrar-General of the Government of the Australian Capital Territory. Section 70AA of the Associations Incorporation Act 1991 states that the committee of an incorporated association may, during COVID-19, authorize general meetings to be held via methods of communication other than in person. Considering challenges we are currently facing, we decided to hold a virtual meeting on Friday 26 February 2021 14:00 AEDT. Login details will be sent closer to the date.

Prior to the AGM virtual meeting, we will ensure that all members can have an opportunity to review all relevant information. Please take a moment to review all relevant information once available.

If you have any action items to share, please send them to membe...@anzca.org with the subject “ANZCA AGM Agenda Items” by Friday 19 February 2021. We will ensure that all members can review the information prior to the meeting.

Only financial members are invited to the AGM, so if you haven’t renewed your membership recently or if your aren’t a member, now is a good time!
(To attend the
 AGM please join/renew by Friday 19 February 2021)

We would like to encourage you to renew your membership so that ANZCA can continue work as a community of scholars and educators and to represent our members’ interests.

While many of you know this already, being a member gives you:

  • Free copies of every Media International Australia journal issue;
  • Free copies of every Communication, Research & Practice issue;
  • Discounts on conference registration;
  • Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.

ANZCA
 members who join now will commence their 12 month membership from the date they join, meaning that if you join or renew today you will be eligible for reduced conference fees for the 2021 conference

What was originally planned to be the ANZCA 2020 conference will now be scheduled for ANZCA 2021 6-9 July 2021. The theme of the 2021 conference be ‘Communication, Authority and Power’, and will be hosted by the University of Melbourne. A virtual conference option will be available for delegates that are unable to travel, or in the event that circumstances dictate that it is impossible to host a face-to-face conference at that time.

As was previously the case, there are different tiers of for those that have ongoing academic employment and for student and unwaged memberships.

The membership fees are listed below:

  • Annual Individual Membership: AUD 220
  • Annual Full-time Student and Unwaged Membership: AUD 90

Because we have recently launched our new website (anzca.org) existing and former members will need to create a new account to renew their membership or rejoin ANZCA. Please go through the following steps; Join ANZCA – select Membership type (‘view membership’)– Join. Once you pay your membership fees, an email will be sent to you with a password. Please login to change your password.

We thank you for your ongoing commitment to being a part of the ANZCA community. We hope our ongoing efforts to provide you with networking opportunities to share your research will exceed your expectations.

Kind regards

Sora Park, President

David Nolan, Vice President

Juan Liang, Secretary

Jonathon Hutchinson, Treasurer

Marc C-Scott, Web Officer

Yoonmo Sang, Public Officer

Mary Simpson

Feb 18, 2021, 10:16:28 PM2/18/21
to Marc C-Scott, anzca-l...@anzca.org
Please accept my apologies; I will be away on leave.
All the best

Ngā mihi nui
Mary

Mary Simpson   Senior Lecturer
School of Management & Marketing  |  University of Waikato                                    Private Bag 3105  |  Hamilton 3240  |  New Zealand waikato.ac.nz   |  ddi  + 64 7 837 9278  Mob 027 2946586                                                                                         Researcher Kaumātua Mana Motuhake | Ageing Well NSC funded project

To become an ANZCA member visit http://www.ANZCA.org

Connect via Social Media
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ANZCAorg
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ANZCAorg

ANZCA 2020 conference will now be scheduled for 6-9 July 2021. The theme of the 2021 conference be ‘Communication, Authority and Power’, and will be hosted by the University of Melbourne.
---
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to anzca-listser...@anzca.org.