ANZCA PANEL FOR ICA 2021

Colleen Mills

Oct 31, 2020, 8:53:47 AM10/31/20
to anzca-l...@anzca.org

I have just been notified that there will only be a virtual ICA conference in 2021. Fortunately, ANZCA will still have the opportunity to propose a virtual panel for inclusion in the ICA conference program, much as we did in 2020.

The conference theme for 2021 is “Engaging the Essential Work of Care: Communication, Connectedness, and Social Justice,” and our panel proposal must align with this theme.

I would like to invite you to submit a 150-word abstract for a paper that aligns with the panel title ”Communicating care and caring communication. This title is being proposed as it aligns with the conference theme, is broad enough to accommodate papers from a wide range of fields within communication studies and at the same time provides a degree of focus so we can ensure there is a satisfactory level of coherency in the final panel proposal. A panel composed of members of the ANZCA executive will be asked to select three paper proposals that speak to this title and which can be woven together to produce an interesting multi-field panel.

Unfortunately, the deadline for submissions for ICA 2021 is November 6 at 12:00 noon ICA office time (that’s UTC, or GMT, -5) paper abstracts by noon are due by on 4 November (NZ time) .  This deadline allows just enough time to make a selection and produce a panel description that weaves the successful proposals together into a coherent and broadly appealing panel. Please send your proposal as a WORD file to collee...@canterbury.ac.nz

The 150-word (in total) abstract needs to include:

All authors’ names, institutional affiliation-s, paper title (up to 15-words within the 150 word limit) and brief description of the paper.

If the panel is accepted then the participating authors must register for the conference and submit written papers for the respondent to read four weeks prior to the conference so the respondent can prepare their virtual response. The choice of respondent will be determined by the nature of  the three papers chosen.

I apologise for the short notice but hope you will not be deterred from submitting a paper abstract.

Best wishes, Colleen Mills

Professor of Management

Executive Member, Australian and New Zealand Communication Association (ANZCA)

ANZCA-ICA Liaison