Location metadata missing in new video capture library

Mohit Shetty

Oct 26, 2021, 12:38:10 PM10/26/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
I was implementing the location metadata toggle for my app and later realized that the option for some reason was removed in the new video camera library. As far as I remember it was present in the restricted API before. However, the ImageCapture.OutputFileOptions class still has an option for that as before. Not sure if it was meant to be this way but hope that it soon gets added back!

Thanks a lot for the time and support.

Regards,
Mohit

Trevor McGuire

Oct 26, 2021, 1:01:08 PM10/26/21
to Mohit Shetty, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Thank you for the feature request. This has been planned, but it's good to hear for a public request. I've created a feature request on the issue tracker to track this: https://issuetracker.google.com/204197544

Mohit Shetty

Oct 26, 2021, 1:06:16 PM10/26/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, trevor...@google.com, Android CameraX Discussion Group, Mohit Shetty
Thanks a lot for considering this request. Hope it gets implemented soon!

Regards,
Mohit