About startFocusAndMetering() returnValue ListenableFuture

Assigned to xi...@google.com by eri...@google.com

陈先生

Apr 28, 2021, 5:45:18 AM4/28/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi, cameraX development team.
We have done click animation effect when focusing, so we need to know when focusing ends, but we can't get it in the lifecyclecameracontroller class. I think we should provide a callback monitor for focusing completion to let us know when focusing ends.

Xi Zhang

Apr 28, 2021, 5:53:48 PM4/28/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, godd...@gmail.com
Thanks for posting the request. If you are using the tap-to-focus feature of PreviewView/CameraController, right now there isn't a good way to get the callback/ListenableFuture. This is something we will consider in the future.

Patrick Liao

May 15, 2021, 11:59:44 AM5/15/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, Xi Zhang, godd...@gmail.com
Hi,

Here's my code for checking focus status, and it works well even with VideoCapture. Hope this helps.

camerax-focus-stat-detection.png