Getting "Resolved dynamic range for use case androidx.camera.core.Preview- to no compatible HDR dynamic ranges"

Maha Saleh

Jan 17, 2024, 7:42:40 AMJan 17
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hello Guys,
I am using CameraX version 1.3.1 and the same version for extensions.
and I want to try HDR and night mode but I am getting its not supported with the error in the subject.
Test devices
Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 6a emulators.
Whta is wrong and which device should I use for testing which is supporting extensions.

Scott Nien

Jan 26, 2024, 10:09:37 AMJan 26
to Maha Saleh, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi there,
Pixel 6 and above support night mode CameraX Extensions since Android 14 (A Pixel-Camera-Service apk update is required if it's before QPR1).
Emulator doesn't support Extensions.

You can also check the page here
https://developer.android.com/media/camera/supported-devices .  But this is not an exhaustive list and we will update it soon with.