androidx.camera.core.ImageCapture.clearPipelineWithNode NPE

Gustav Keller

Nov 14, 2022, 8:02:07 AM11/14/22
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
I have implemented 1.3.0-alpha01 of both androidx.camera.camera-core, canera-view, camera-extensions and camera-lifecycle.

This morning in my latest build, I have encountered a NPE crash for the first time.  The Crashlytics reference is ImageCapture.java line 2056.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Gustav Keller

Xi Zhang (张熹)

Nov 14, 2022, 10:14:40 AM11/14/22
to Gustav Keller, Android CameraX Discussion Group
It's a bug. Could you provide the logcat trace? I have a theory but it's better to verify it.

Gustav Keller

Nov 14, 2022, 10:17:49 AM11/14/22
to Xi Zhang (张熹), Android CameraX Discussion Group
The app is unfortunately in production.  I can only provide what is in Firebase:-

On 14 Nov 2022, at 17:14, Xi Zhang (张熹) <xi...@google.com> wrote:

External email - treat with caution

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast, a leader in email security and cyber resilience. Mimecast integrates email defenses with brand protection, security awareness training, web security, compliance and other essential capabilities. Mimecast helps protect large and small organizations from malicious activity, human error and technology failure; and to lead the movement toward building a more resilient world. To find out more, visit our website.

Xi Zhang (张熹)

Nov 14, 2022, 2:31:05 PM11/14/22
to Gustav Keller, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Thanks for reporting the issue. I filed https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/259109557 to track.

We will fix it in the next release.