Zoom Api Delay

Egor Chebotarev

Oct 6, 2023, 10:08:03 AM10/6/23
to Android CameraX Discussion Group

Good day.
Working with camerax APi .

I often see small problems with scale gesture delay and no smooth camera zoom when using zoomRatio() method from camerax SDK.

It looks like  scale gesture distance between two fingers a bitlarger than normal size...
ZoomRation event starts too late,about 50ms-100ms delay.
Also detect lagging and jumping frames while zoom in/out.

Sometimes it can does not not listen to fast-scale gestures at all.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69963382/camerax-delay-in-zoom-in-and-out same issue

Scott Nien

Oct 6, 2023, 12:41:02 PM10/6/23
to Egor Chebotarev, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Thanks for the feedback!  We happen to look into this zoom delay issue recently and are glad to have your feedback on this topic !  Will keep you posted.

Egor Chebotarev

Oct 11, 2023, 5:00:18 AM10/11/23
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, scot...@google.com, Android CameraX Discussion Group, Egor Chebotarev
I suppose problem was on my side. I reassemble application in release mode(it was debug build) and update libraries for last stable version.
Also remove extra code  inside OnTouchEvent function.
Now it works much better.

пятница, 6 октября 2023 г. в 18:41:02 UTC+2, scot...@google.com:

Scott Nien

Feb 1, 2024, 10:31:25 AMFeb 1
to Egor Chebotarev, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi Egor,

FYI,  the latest CameraX 1.4.0-alpha04 contains a fix that potentially could cause the jumping frame issue while zooming.

Scott