Ultrawide angle camera using camerax API.

Muhammad Hamad Akram

Nov 22, 2022, 8:07:29 AM11/22/22
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hello Everyone,
I am trying to build a sports video analysis app for which I intend to use the camera with largest FOV on given device. I have tried to access multicamera API to access all the back cameras (or lens) but I have not succeeded yet. I have used samsung A70 as testing device and google pixel 5 on emulator. For both devices logical camera parameter is false for back cameras apparently when I use google pixel 5 it shows logical camera available for front camera only.
Another thing that i tried is using zooming out functionality to increase FOV but it also failed because zooming min range for all available cameras on both devices is 1 so i can not zoom out. Some how I am unable to access that camera lens which can increase FOV. I want to implement image preview and analysis use on widest camera on mobile.
If anyone has done something similar your help will be much appreciated? I am stuck here for sometime now. If there are any limitations that i am not aware of regarding this i would very much appreciate if this community can guide me about that too?

tonyt...@google.com

Nov 23, 2022, 2:37:25 AM11/23/22
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, msee...@itu.edu.pk
Hi,
Thanks for the question. We are working on improvements to make this easier. At the meantime, you may try the workaround provided in this post. Note that to get the widest FOV, the camera with the shortest focal length should be used.