CameraX Java Sample

Mir Azhar Majeed

Aug 27, 2020, 12:57:58 AM8/27/20
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi, Is there a good java sample available as all I see is a Kotlin codelab?

Charcoal Chen

Aug 27, 2020, 3:25:17 AM8/27/20
to Mir Azhar Majeed, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi Mir Azhar Majeed,

Maybe you can refer to the coretestapp and viewtestapp projects.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 12:58 PM Mir Azhar Majeed <mir.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Is there a good java sample available as all I see is a Kotlin codelab?

topher...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2021, 5:36:21 AM3/19/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, charco...@google.com, Android CameraX Discussion Group, mir.m...@gmail.com
Links appear to be broken. Can you update or copy/paste code snippets here for reference?

Charcoal Chen

Mar 19, 2021, 5:50:59 AM3/19/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, topher...@gmail.com, Charcoal Chen, Android CameraX Discussion Group, mir.m...@gmail.com

topher...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2021, 11:44:38 PM3/21/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, charco...@google.com, topher...@gmail.com, Android CameraX Discussion Group, mir.m...@gmail.com
Thanks! Getting the following error when trying to load the coretestapp:

>Build file '/home/[username]/Downloads/coretestapp/build.gradle' line: 23

>Plugin [id: 'AndroidXPlugin'] was not found in any of the following sources:

I unzip the tar ball to my ~/Downloads/coretestapp dir and pointed Android Studio directly there.

It looks like it is unable to resolve both the import statement in the build.gradle file as well. Do I need something further up the git tree?

Charcoal Chen

Mar 22, 2021, 5:57:24 AM3/22/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, topher...@gmail.com, Charcoal Chen, Android CameraX Discussion Group, mir.m...@gmail.com
Hi,

Please refer to https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/support/+/androidx-main/README.md#using-android-studio to download the full Android Jetpack source code and you will be able to find and run the camera.integration-tests.camera-testapp-core and camera.integration-tests.camera-testapp-view in the Android Studio.