PreviewView: Visible Size vs Bitmap Size

Nathan Sokalski

Nov 7, 2022, 1:15:06 PM11/7/22
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
I have a Xamarin.Android app that uses PreviewView & CameraX to allow the user to get a picture for TensorFlow. Therefore, I need the picture to be exactly what is visible to the user (no more, no less). I attempt to obtain the picture by using the Bitmap property of the PreviewView. Will this Bitmap contain exactly the same content as was visible to the user in the PrevIewView?

Xi Zhang (张熹)

Nov 7, 2022, 1:33:51 PM11/7/22
to Nathan Sokalski, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Yes. PreviewView#getBitmap should contain the exact image that is visible to the end user. Please let me know if that's not the case.