Is it possible to exclude previous record resume session?

Khun Chansopheak

Mar 16, 2023, 3:39:15 AM3/16/23
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
In my project, I want to use ml kit to detect head movement (left, right and nod head).

So I have to record video in session (pause and resume).

I use getHeadEulerAngleY to detect degree rotation.

I have challenge record a proper session. For example, It is required user to move a bit far to the left (> - 45 degree) so the record session should be include. However, I started to resume record when mlkit detect the head is moving left from -12 degree.

How can I exclude if the user moved his head not far as 45 degree?

Khun Chansopheak

Mar 20, 2023, 12:59:00 AM3/20/23
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, Khun Chansopheak
no reply. not even one :(

tonyt...@google.com

Mar 20, 2023, 3:45:28 AM3/20/23
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, khun.cha...@gmail.com
Hi,
Sorry for the late reply. IIUC, you want to abort an already started resume session right? For example, resume the recording when detecting the head movement from 12 degrees, but actually write it to the file if it reaches 45 degrees, otherwise discard it. If that's your use case, it's not possible currently and we will consider it as a future feature request.

Khun Chansopheak

Mar 20, 2023, 5:21:28 AM3/20/23
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, tonyt...@google.com, Khun Chansopheak
Thanks for reply,
Let me clarify with example,
- User look (-10 < d < 10) : record and pause then alert user to move right #1
- User moving right ( > 12): resume but not reach (45) - abort #2
- User moving right again (> 12): resume and user reach 46 - accept this move #3
The result #1#3 not (#1#2#3 or #1#2)

tonyt...@google.com

Mar 20, 2023, 7:44:33 AM3/20/23
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, khun.cha...@gmail.com, tonyt...@google.com
Understand. Unfortunately that's not supported now. Basically the data is written to the file in realtime, so it can not be aborted later.