PreviewView SurfaceProvider Interface

matty

Jun 21, 2021, 3:40:54 PM6/21/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi,
I was looking to use the new camera x API, See here:
but I noticed , the camera-view library is still an alpha version.
Any hints on how I could possibly implement Preview.SurfaceProvider ?
Or I was wondering, until when might I expect a stable release of this library ?

Thanks in advance
Matty

Trevor McGuire

Jun 21, 2021, 4:53:50 PM6/21/21
to matty, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi Matty,

At this time PreviewView's API is in a fairly stable state and the code has been well tested. That said, if you're unable to use an alpha library in your application, you can see a more complete example of implementing Preview.SurfaceProvider in the OpenGL sample code. Keep in mind, this is a fairly advanced sample aimed at applications that want to do custom rendering on top of their camera preview in OpenGL, so if PreviewView meets your needs, I would recommend using it.

The CameraX team is actively working on getting the camera-view artifact to beta. Stay tuned for updates.