Mirror front camera video recording output in CameraX

Assigned to tonyt...@google.com by wuj...@google.com

Raz

Feb 5, 2021, 4:43:12 AM2/5/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
I'm using video capture with camerax and it's working just fine except that the video output in the front camera is not mirrored like in the preview by default I understand, but is there a  way to change that like the: isHorizontal... in ImageCapture, or will there be a way in the future and if so when?

Android CameraX Discussion Group

Feb 7, 2021, 10:47:52 PM2/7/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, raz.l...@gmail.com
Thank you for your question! Your question has been processed internally.
We plan to launch Video support as Alpha library in 2021 H1. There's no exact timeline to share at this moment. Please stay tuned!

Raz

Oct 15, 2021, 9:40:33 AM10/15/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, Android CameraX Discussion Group, Raz
I have asked this question a while ago, now looking at the video capture library I don't see this option, so does it exist? or will it in future releases?

ב-יום שני, 8 בפברואר 2021 בשעה 05:47:52 UTC+2, Android CameraX Discussion Group כתב/ה:

Gerry Fan

Oct 16, 2021, 3:06:08 PM10/16/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, Raz, Android CameraX Discussion Group
you are correct(I think): current API does not have it.  I could not answer  the "in the future" part of the question: the reason for the feature is to avoid one extra post processing step (wondering how popular between mirrored vs. no-mirrored)?

Raz

Oct 16, 2021, 6:50:52 PM10/16/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, ‪Gerry Fan‬‏, Raz, Android CameraX Discussion Group
I think having the flexibility of choosing between the options is most popular, done like the device camera that gives that option seamlessly.
Anyways, thanks for the answer!

ב-יום שבת, 16 באוקטובר 2021 בשעה 22:06:08 UTC+3, ‪Gerry Fan‬‏ כתב/ה:

Gerry Fan

Oct 16, 2021, 7:12:57 PM10/16/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, Raz, Gerry Fan, Android CameraX Discussion Group
yeah, worth a study for sure(some social apps have it, some other mobile platforms might have it too). Thank you for bring the thread back: the future is never 100% certain but for sure will be exciting :-)!

Thank you for the feedback again!

yihao wu

Apr 12, 2023, 4:21:12 AM4/12/23
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, Gerry Fan, Raz, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Why does the new VideoCapture still not set the api of the image?

tonyt...@google.com

Apr 12, 2023, 4:55:05 AM4/12/23
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, wuy...@insta360.com, Gerry Fan, Raz, Android CameraX Discussion Group
We plan to release a new API to configure it with 1.3.0-alpha06. Thanks for the waiting.