cameraX when take photo finished routine, i would like to get uri of file being saved, as i don't want to save to sd card (external storage), i would like to use uri of file and email using uri. any help would be very much appreciated.

Paul Cowgill

May 29, 2024, 11:24:24 PMMay 29
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
cameraX when take photo finished routine, i would like to get uri of file being saved, as i don't want to save to sd card (external storage), i would like to use uri of file and email using uri. any help would be very much appreciated.

I have sorted out how to email with attached image.
Just need Uri of file to use in email.

I am fairly new to kotlin so just couldn't figure how to get uri to use in different function.

when i use Toast i get uri info i need.
Toast.makeText(baseContext, "URI = : ${output.savedUri}", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show()