How to set the flash strength when taking photos

Masa

Jun 7, 2024, 4:51:09 AMJun 7
to Android CameraX Discussion Group

Hi guys,

I am trying to maximize the flash strength when taking photos with a Pixel7a.

Even though camera2 API, when I set the flash strength using turnOnTorchWithStrengthLevel(), the torch turns on from the start of the preview.

Also it seems the above setting canceled when you open camera.

Is there a way to set the flash strength only when taking a photo?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Eino-Ville Talvala

Jun 7, 2024, 3:30:40 PMJun 7
to Masa, Android CameraX Discussion Group
This is not yet supported in Android 14 or earlier.  Android 15 does add flash power control during camera operation as well, via FLASH_STRENGTH_LEVEL, on devices that support it.  At launch, that should include Pixel devices, but not necessarily others.

Masa

Jun 7, 2024, 10:54:17 PMJun 7
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, etal...@google.com, Android CameraX Discussion Group, Masa
  Thank you for the information.
 I'm looking forward to the launch of Android 15.

2024年6月8日土曜日 4:30:40 UTC+9 etal...@google.com: