Focusing issues on Samsung S20 Ultra

Michael K

Mar 18, 2024, 8:31:16 AMMar 18
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi dear Android-Developers,

I hope you have a lovely day.
My company implemented CameraX in their camera app and recently, when upgrading the library to 1.3.1 users started to complain about a deterioration of the focusing capabilities on their Samsung S20 Ultra.
Specifically, they report a loss of focus towards the edges/periphery of the photo.

FYI: our app does not include any specific extensions to CameraX.

Could you kindly have a look at this issue?

Kind regards,
Michael

Scott Nien

Mar 18, 2024, 11:00:40 AMMar 18
to Michael K, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi Michael,

Thanks for reporting the issues to us.  May I know what previous CameraX version you were using that doesn't have this kind of issue ?

Scott

Scott Nien

Mar 20, 2024, 1:19:29 AMMar 20
to Michael K, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Thanks Michael.

We don't have an S20 Ultra to verify the issue and we haven't received any similar issue until now.
Other than user description,  do you have any screenshot or captured photos that can show the issue ? And are you able to reproduce it in your end ?

Michael K

Mar 21, 2024, 6:59:49 AMMar 21
to Scott Nien, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. I have now updated the CameraX library to 1.3.2 and the users reported an improvement of the image quality. Thus, for now I consider the issue resolved.

Thanks again for your speedy responses.

Michael

Scott Nien

Mar 21, 2024, 10:59:20 PMMar 21
to Michael K, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Thanks for the update!    I am glad to see the issue is resolved !

FYI, 1.3.2 actually contains only two bug fix  which seems not related to the S20 Ultra issue.  It is possible that Samsung did a FOTA and it fixed the issue Or maybe the issue can only be seen in some circumstances.