view bug on Galaxy Note8(One UI 1.0/Android9)

Leong kerwin

Jun 16, 2024, 10:41:49 PM (11 days ago) Jun 16
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hello developers:
I would like to share a problem I encountered when developing a camera application using camerax.
a part of preview view of camera display on the screen unexpected. as you see the photo.
Screenshot_20240617_102447.png
Click the test button for the second time to select the mp4 file to play and it will be displayed normally.
But when I go to the desktop and come back, the error appears again.
Screenshot_20240617_103945.png
Screen_recording_20240617_103805.mp4

Leong kerwin

Jun 16, 2024, 10:47:23 PM (11 days ago) Jun 16
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, Leong kerwin
I have reproduced this bug with the cameraxBasic project based on the camerax-simples repository. please check the  branch viewbug on https://github.com/kerwinlongway/camera-samples.git

Scott Nien

Jun 17, 2024, 12:14:44 AM (11 days ago) Jun 17
to Leong kerwin, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi Leong,
This is probably a bug in SurfaceView.

Can you try to set the implementationMode to COMPATIBLE before bindToLifecycle call like the following ?

`preview.setImplementationMode(PreviewView.ImplementationMode.COMPATIBLE)`

Leong kerwin

Jun 24, 2024, 3:39:57 AM (4 days ago) Jun 24
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, scot...@google.com, Android CameraX Discussion Group, Leong kerwin
Thanks Scott,
It work.
In addition, I found that many mobile phones have similar problems.