[Announcement] CameraX Video Capture Library is Launched Today!

Android CameraX Discussion Group

Oct 13, 2021, 7:38:08 PM10/13/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group

Dear Developers,

We are very happy to announce that, today, the highly sought-after video capture library joins the CameraX release family with version 1.1.0-alpha10! Thank you very much for sharing your suggestions along the way! To help you ramp up on the API, we have created the official document and sample; we are also going to talk more about it in ADS 2021! We are even more excited and eager to hear your experience and thoughts about the API, please join us at the ADS CameraX presentation and round table sessions, or send your feedback at any time!

We’d like you to be aware that the as of version 1.1.0-alpha10, the @RequiresApi(21) annotation is now added to all CameraX classes and the minSdkVersion has been removed from from AndroidManifest.xml.

This change allows CameraX to be easily integrated into applications that have a minSdkVersion less than 21, but want to conditionally use code paths that rely on API 21 and higher (such as when using CameraX).  Applications falling into this category should check the system version at runtime and ensure the device is using Build.VERSION_CODES.LOLLIPOP or higher before calling any CameraX code.

For applications setting minSdkVersion 21 or higher, this change requires no action.

Please file bugs or feature requests from the public tracker, and we will get back to you soon.

Thanks for using CameraX!

Rajat Patel

Oct 29, 2021, 10:56:49 AM10/29/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hello Team

Hope you having a wonderfull time

I cam across your latest news and found awesome features for my app.

Thanks and regards of have you .

Rajat Patel
GDG Ahmedabad.