use Extensions API fail

yihao wu

Nov 16, 2022, 9:51:57 PM11/16/22
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
20221117-102436.jpeg
Question 1:When I use Extensions API to take photos, I always get stuck without callback success or failure. Why? Galaxy S20

Question 2:When I use Galaxy S21, after using Ecxtensions API,it is crash after switching the front lens. Why? IsExtensionAvailable returns true。
fail track:No supported surface combination is found for camera device - Id : 1.  May be attempting to bind too many use cases. Existing surfaces: [] New configs: [androidx.camera.core.impl.ImageCaptureConfig@878a9ba, androidx.camera.core.impl.PreviewConfig@7bab9dc, androidx.camera.core.impl.ImageAnalysisConfig@b4a5ae5]
20221117-105129.jpeg

Scott Nien

Nov 16, 2022, 11:04:23 PM11/16/22
to yihao wu, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi
Thanks for reaching out!
This doesn't seem right !

Can you let us know what's the CameraX version you were using ?

Also,
When you switch to the front lens,  did you invoke unbindAll first ?

Scott

yihao wu

Nov 17, 2022, 3:40:59 AM11/17/22
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, scot...@google.com, Android CameraX Discussion Group, yihao wu
version is 1.2.0-alpha03。
Do I have to unbindAll every time I change the camera? Or is it only needed for the rear switch and the front?

yihao wu

Nov 17, 2022, 5:23:04 AM11/17/22
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, scot...@google.com, Android CameraX Discussion Group, yihao wu
It's the same with unbindAll to report errors.

在2022年11月17日星期四 UTC+8 12:04:23<scot...@google.com> 写道:

Scott Nien

Nov 17, 2022, 10:37:39 PM11/17/22
to yihao wu, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi Yihao,
Can you provide the logs and more code snippets regarding how you bind/unbind and take pictures ?
Maybe filing a bug here would be easier to track.

Scott

yihao wu

Nov 17, 2022, 11:19:57 PM11/17/22
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, scot...@google.com, Android CameraX Discussion Group, yihao wu
Thank you. Can you test it with Samsung mobile phones first? Were all these features used normally before?
And I found that the cut camera flicker is because I used ImageAnalysis, do you want to ask this has an impact? And is Extension API a useCase?

Scott Nien

Nov 21, 2022, 1:01:40 AM11/21/22
to yihao wu, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Thanks !  I've confirmed the S22 indeed has an issue that ImageAnalysis cannot be bound with Extensions enabled using the front lens.  We will fix that issue.

Regarding the S20 issue, I can't reproduce it yet.   Can you confirm that the taking picture will succeed in S22 ? (using back camera)
It would also be helpful if you can provide logs.

Scott