Constraint ISO and exposure time

Assigned to wenhu...@google.com by wuj...@google.com

Ehsan Khaveh

Dec 24, 2020, 6:59:51 AM12/24/20
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
We have a requirement to keep some of our capture parameters (i.e. ISO & exposure time) within a certain range while keeping the auto exposure on. Is there an easy way to achieve this with CameraX or Camera2 APIs?

Wenhung Teng

Dec 24, 2020, 9:15:15 AM12/24/20
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, ehsan....@gmail.com
Hi Ehsan,
Based on the camera2 API definition, to manually control the ISO or exposure time might need to set the CONTROL_AE_MODE or 'CONTROL_MODE' to OFF.
I'd recommend using camera2 API and set the parameters under the manual mode for your requirement.
CameraX primarily utilizes CAF, the manual control option doesn't support it yet. It's quite challenging to ensure compatibility across different devices.

ehsan....@gmail.com 在 2020年12月24日 星期四下午7:59:51 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Ehsan Khaveh

Dec 30, 2020, 9:54:32 AM12/30/20
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, wenhu...@google.com, Ehsan Khaveh
Hi Wenhung,

Thank you for the reply. I guess setting these values using Camera2 API is the only option then. I'll see if I can find a solution and will share it here if I do.