Link is broken in codelab.

Assigned to eri...@google.com by me

kenji matsuoka

May 23, 2019, 8:52:46 PM5/23/19
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
I found a mistake in codelab of CameraX.
https://codelabs.developers.google.com/codelabs/camerax-getting-started/#0
So, I clicked a "report a mistake".
However, I received the 404.

How can I send a mistake?

Eric Ng

May 23, 2019, 9:02:26 PM5/23/19
to kenji matsuoka, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi Kenji,

You can let us know here - what's the issue in the codelab? Thanks!

-Eric Ng

kenji matsuoka

May 26, 2019, 5:50:35 AM5/26/19
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
I found 2 mistakes。
1. We must to update Build.gradle as below in 3.Add the Gradle dependencies.
implementation 'androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.1.0-alpha05'

Because,  androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.0.2 is not working as LifecycleOwner.

2.allPermissionsGranted(): can more simply.
private fun allPermissionsGranted(): Boolean {

return REQUIRED_PERMISSIONS.all {

ContextCompat.checkSelfPermission(this, it) == PackageManager.PERMISSION_GRANTED

}
}

Eric Ng

May 28, 2019, 4:20:36 PM5/28/19
to kenji matsuoka, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Thanks for reporting Kenji!

I've reported this issue internally (ID 133776671) - I can respond here once it's fixed/updated.

-Eric Ng

Eric Ng

Jun 5, 2019, 9:27:04 PM6/5/19
to kenji matsuoka, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi Kenji,

Our team has fixed the errors and should appear live soon. Thanks!
--
-Eric Ng

Alexandru Dragus

Mar 13, 2021, 6:46:26 AM3/13/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, Eric Ng, Android CameraX Discussion Group, firesp...@gmail.com
Hello  all, great job on the group and app.

I don't think it makes seance to open a new thread so i will use this to report a possible mistake:
" Set up MainActivity.kt
  1. Replace the code in MainActivity.kt, with this. It includes import statements, variables you will instantiate, functions you will implement, and constants.

import androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity
import android.os.Bundle
import android.Manifest
import android.content.pm.PackageManager

"

This does not have import com.example.cameraxapp thus resulting in an error for me.

Sorry if it's a false alert and i'm doing something wrong.

Android CameraX Discussion Group

Mar 16, 2021, 11:34:03 AM3/16/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, dragus0a...@gmail.com, Eric Ng, Android CameraX Discussion Group, firesp...@gmail.com
Hello Alexandru,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - we'll take a look and provide an update soon.

Eric Ng

Mar 16, 2021, 1:18:10 PM3/16/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, dragus0a...@gmail.com, firesp...@gmail.com
Thanks Alexandru, I ran through the codelab and found a couple of issues. I did encounter an issue when trying to import com.example.cameraxapp. I filed an issue to track it at http://issuetracker.google.com/182909690 and cc'd you.

Thanks!
--
-Eric Ng

Alexandru Dragus

Mar 16, 2021, 1:20:22 PM3/16/21
to Eric Ng, Android CameraX Discussion Group, firesp...@gmail.com
Thank you also for taking a step twirls improving the documentation.

Have a nice day.