A Little Suggestion on OnImagedSavedCallback

Patrick Liao

Apr 2, 2021, 7:12:03 AM4/2/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group
Hi,

Is it possible to add an extra callback in OnImageSavedCallback called "onImageCaptured" ? I know onImageCapturedCallback exists, but it cannot do the file-saving stuff for us, which is a bit inconvenient...Such callback helps developers to make their UIs more responsive since the image-taking process usually requires the developer to "lock" the shutter button(s) (preventing the user from abusing the button since imageCapture is busy) and "unlock" once the image is captured and we don't really need to wait for File I/O to finish...

And for implementation, I think it should be pretty easy for the CameraX team to do it since I saw ``deliverCaptureResultToListeners(CameraCaptureResult)`` in ImageCapture's implementation.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Patrick Liao

Scott Nien

Apr 6, 2021, 4:34:02 AM4/6/21
to Patrick Liao, Android CameraX Discussion Group
Thanks Patrick.

This is a great suggestion. This definitely will help apps be more responsive.  We will consider adding it to the 1.1.0 alpha and will keep you posted.

Scott

Julie Wu

Apr 6, 2021, 4:41:30 AM4/6/21
to Android CameraX Discussion Group, Scott Nien, Android CameraX Discussion Group, lbypa...@gmail.com