Conda install - can't install a package which appear in anaconda.org

Gino BATTISTELLO

Dec 14, 2022, 9:33:40 AM12/14/22
to Anaconda - Public
Hello everyone,

I'm new to condo, and i'm trying to install a package with the following command in my terminal : conda install -c bmarchand smil

But my terminal give me the following error:

PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:

  - smil

Current channels:

  - https://conda.anaconda.org/bmarchand/osx-arm64

  - https://conda.anaconda.org/bmarchand/noarch

  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/osx-arm64

  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/noarch

  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/osx-arm64

  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/noarch

To search for alternate channels that may provide the conda package you're

looking for, navigate to

    https://anaconda.org

and use the search bar at the top of the page.

Do you have an idea on where the problem is?

MacBookPro, Apple M1 Pro, macOS Monterey 12.6.1, conda 4.12.0

Pete Jemian

Dec 14, 2022, 9:45:58 AM12/14/22
to anac...@anaconda.com
Is the package available for your operating system and architecture (32 or 64 bits, for example)?

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
---

Gino BATTISTELLO

Dec 15, 2022, 10:12:33 AM12/15/22
to Anaconda - Public, prje...@gmail.com
Thank you for your response!
I have the Apple Pro M1 processor, so a 64 bits architecture, and the package seems to be fit with this settings.

andy davidson

Dec 15, 2022, 11:26:51 AM12/15/22
to anac...@anaconda.com, prje...@gmail.com

The link on the bottom of email bounces

I appreciate everyone work in this community

Happy Holidays

Andy