Support for python 2.7 on ARM

Sergei Dryganets

Oct 11, 2022, 5:17:06 PM10/11/22
to Anaconda - Public
Is there a way to switch between 3.x and 2.x python on ARM mac?

The only workaround I found so far is to use x86_64 version.

Seems like there is no python 2x built for ARM in the miniconda repositories.

Any plans to add it?

Thanks,
Sergei

Kasper Marklund

Oct 11, 2022, 7:46:22 PM10/11/22
to anac...@anaconda.com
theris asimple tool: 2x->3x

hope it can work
-needs a lot of editing still

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
---

Sergei Dryganets

Oct 27, 2022, 2:59:40 PM10/27/22
to Anaconda - Public, kasperm...@gmail.com
We are using external tools that depends on certain version of python.
Eventually we get rid of most of those, but it would take year or more till we will be there.

Some are using 2.x  (BUCK) and others are using 3.x. (BAZEL)
I could live with x86 python 2x and 3x on ARM mac machine it just sub optimal in terms of perf.

For me the only reason to use conda is the fact we have a heterogenous setup so I could switch quickly.
I don't write python code on the daily basis.

There probably a plenty of people like me that stuck with need to use 2.7 python ...