Jupyter Notebook not launching

Hen_drik_ Breytenbach

Aug 2, 2021, 3:42:35 AM8/2/21
to Anaconda - Public
Dear Users of Anaconda!

This is probably an old subject, but I want to ask:

I'm a new user of Anaconda and I'm having problems launching Jupyter Notebook 6.3.0. When I click on "launch" in the Anaconda Navigator, it says: "Launching Notebook". After a few seconds it stops and nothing happens.

I reinstalled Anaconda a couple of times, but nothing changed. I've tried a couple of suggestions, which I've read in different fora, but none of them worked.

I also tried launching Jupyter Notebook in the command prompt, with- and without a dash. Unfortunately without any difference.

I would be very thankful for any help.

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards, and I wish you a pleasant week!

Hendrik

Robert Beach

Aug 2, 2021, 9:49:29 AM8/2/21
to anac...@continuum.io
Good Day,

My Jupyter notebooks open up in my default browser, which is Microsoft Edge in my case.

Also, do you have the Jupyter software packages installed in your environment?

Rob

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
---

robert ford

Aug 2, 2022, 10:45:09 AM8/2/22
to 'Hen_drik_ Breytenbach' via Anaconda - Public

Hendrik,

Could try completely uninstalling J Notebook and reinstalling with conda.

Another option is to revert to an older version.

These problems seem to be that Navigator cannot find vital files - but no error messages are given.

It could also be that your AV software is blocking the website from opening.

Robert

Doug Smith

Aug 11, 2022, 10:10:18 AM8/11/22
to anac...@anaconda.com, 'Hen_drik_ Breytenbach' via Anaconda - Public
On my machine, I would sometimes have to click the Anaconda button again to get it to run. I would have to wait a few minutes between clicks to make sure it was not starting in the background. It was a hassle. Due to all of the software fluff, I removed the Anaconda suite and I use only Jupyter for my python needs.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/anaconda.com/d/msgid/anaconda/9c64cf5c-a517-326f-1366-9aca8d1f9532%40gmail.com.