Installation issues

Adekunbi Bello

Aug 14, 2021, 3:21:12 AM8/14/21
to Anaconda - Public
Hello,
I have downloaded and installed anaconda on my windows machine. However, once I start spyder it goes off and I can't find it on my start menu, I cannot also find the navigator. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, I added the script and condabin to the system environment path nonetheless the issue still remains. screenshot 'python1'  Even as I was able to complete installation see in the screenshot 'python2'
'
Please I need help.

Thank you
python 2.PNG
python.PNG

fizixx

Aug 14, 2021, 12:54:44 PM8/14/21
to Anaconda - Public, adeku...@gmail.com
I have installed and uninstalled this software about 7 times. Each time it lasted different amounts of time before it 'broke' itself and I was no longer able to open it. I have not found any solutions ANYWHERE that fixes the problem --- which, for me, was, Navigator would no longer open, no matter what, and no amount of trying this and that has helped. In fact, I just today finished cleaning my HD of almost all traces of it from my win 10 system.
I don't want to be discouraging, but this is a problem that seems to just be ignored and never addressed. If it has I've not seen it. I've been struggling with it for more than a year. I've read everything and anything, and only once did something work, and I don't know what it was that 'fixed' it, but I had taken notes, and repeated it the next time, and the 'fix' did nothing.
Pretty sad that a large, popular piece of software is so fragile and buggy to where you can't use it. I tried to install something else to use in place of Navigator, but it was buggy as well (WinPython). I just deleted all traces of that today too.
I'm not sure what to suggest to you, but maybe you will find a fix.....hope you do. I'm not sure what I can do for myself at this point. The documentation is circular and poorly done, and hard to follow, imo. I really only want PyCharm, Spyder and Jupyter Notebooks, but finding them in a single, bug-free package just isn't possible it seems.
I wish you the best and hope you get this fixed and don't have the issues I've had.  :thumbs-up:

David Kun

Aug 25, 2021, 4:11:05 AM8/25/21
to Anaconda - Public, fiz...@gmail.com, adeku...@gmail.com
What version of Anaconda are you installing for Windows?  What packages do you want to use?

I'm more of an advanced user and start from Miniconda then create separate conda environments in which each only contains the python version and packages.  That way, I can run python 3.7 or python 3.9 by switching environments.  Starting from the barebones like Miniconda allows you to systematically figure out which python packages are compatible with each other versus downloading a big installation and hoping all python packages are compatible.

But I understand if you don't want to start with Miniconda and build from the ground up.  However, I had great success going this route, but it does require more patience.

Food for thought...