Re-installing Anaconda

ÇAĞRI GÜLEÇ

Oct 5, 2020, 10:07:02 AM10/5/20
to Anaconda - Public
Hi everybody,
I use Anaconda (mostly Spyder and Jupyter)  for genetic data analysis. Lastly,, as my computer raised a low memory error,I had to shut it down while Spyder was running. After starting up, Spyder (and Anaconda) did not work. (It seemed to be crashed.).
I uninstalled Anaconda and installed it again. Downloading process seems normal. Installing "Anaconda3-2020.07-Windows-x86_64.exe" file seems to be completed. However, Anaconda Navigator does not appear in the start menu. In the Anaconda3 folder, most required folders and files seem to be absent, as seen in the Print Screen image below.
Though I tried uninstall-install many times, I could not start Anaconda Navigator or Conda.
I would like to ask if anyone guess what the problem is, and how can be solved.
May I be wrong about re-installing Anaconda, or the main problem is caused by my computer?   .
Thanks

Cagri

ÇAĞRI GÜLEÇ

Oct 5, 2020, 10:10:31 AM10/5/20
to Anaconda - Public, ÇAĞRI GÜLEÇ

Dan Codiga

Oct 6, 2020, 2:52:40 PM10/6/20
to Anaconda - Public, ca...@istanbul.edu.tr
When uninstalling, make sure to use anaconda-clean.

I had similar problems a few years back (on Windows 7). Am not sure if it is still applicable but what ended up helping me a lot was the "anaconda-clean" utility. If you haven't already seen it check this information out: https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/install/uninstall/ -- I believe anaconda-clean is explained there.

This seems like I'm just saying "read the docs" ... but without a hint like this, how would you know that something called anaconda-clean even exists?

Wan Adibah Zakaria

Nov 16, 2021, 11:04:17 PM11/16/21
to Anaconda - Public, Dan Codiga, ca...@istanbul.edu.tr
Hi there

I have similar problem to the original poster. I have downloaded anaconda into my MacOS system. But something happened thus i uninstall it using anaconda clean. I think it worked well because conda command can not be found. However, i can not install anaconda back into my system. It stated that anaconda still in my system and ask me to update it using terminal. However, conda command cannot be found anymore.

Is there any other method to uninstall anaconda?