Unable to launch apps in Anaconda Navigator

Kai Lim

Nov 15, 2021, 6:19:16 PM11/15/21
to Anaconda - Public
Hi everyone,

Beginner here. I've been stuck with this problem for a while now. Initially when I installed Anaconda Navigator I could launch the applications just fine, but I think this problem happened after I tried to create a duplicate shortcut and dragged them to my desktop... Now I can't launch Jupyter or Spyder in Anaconda but IBM Watson directs me to their website (means it should be working normal, right...? haven't tried other apps tho).

After reading suggestions online, I've deleted my Python app, changed my PATH environment variable and they're pretty much a mess now. I also can't launch Anaconda Prompt so after seeing some people suggest to run some codes there, I'm stuck.

Someone please help, and I'd appreciate if it could be explained in simpler terms (I'm not too fluent in programming language yet :( ) so I can be prepared if something similar happens again in the future :)

Thanks for reading and if you have a solution, thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Kai

durga shankar mishra

Nov 16, 2021, 12:07:28 AM11/16/21
to Anaconda - Public, Kai Lim
do you have send you desktop work send screenshot or other format for me.

Kai Lim

Nov 16, 2021, 7:19:31 AM11/16/21
to Anaconda - Public, durgasha...@gmail.com, Kai Lim
Hi,

Thanks for your message. What screenshot do you need?

Kai

Kai Lim

Nov 18, 2021, 11:10:13 AM11/18/21
to Anaconda - Public, Kai Lim
Got this resolved thanks to this:  putting this here for future reference.
https://superuser.com/questions/571715/windows-command-line-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command-operab/571717#571717

A really simple solution that got me stuck for so long.
First I removed SysWOW64 from my PATH environment variables. Then I checked my Registry Editor per the link above - 'AutoRun' command was set in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\ . Deleted it, and Command Prompt is up and running like before, and the applications in Anaconda can be launched :D