No drop-in today

Christine Olson

Feb 7, 2018, 10:14:56 AM2/7/18
to mak...@amherstmedia.org

Hi all,

Due to the snow, Amherst Media is closed today so we will not be holding our open drop-in hours this week. Check back next week! We also have a workshop coming up so be sure to sign up! (see below).

Best,

Christine

Textile Making Workshop: The Dimensions and Metaphors of Fibers, Thread and Fabric.

Date: February 10th, 2018
Time: 9:30-12:30am
Location: Amherst Media 246 College St, Amherst MA
Cost: $5 Material fee

Local textile artist Leonore Alaniz will lead participants through the creation of three-dimensional textile creations.

Together we will spin one-dimensional fibers (local raw sheep wool) with drop spindles into thread, ply it, weave the threads into two-dimensional cloth on small portable frame looms, and shape that cloth into three-dimensional object(s)Every stage invites responses to givensto laws of physics, and to our creative impulses. We realize that each stage, or dimension, is a work in progress that resembles elements in the fabric of our living communities.

The workshop is designed for all experience levels and is open to all those 14 years of age and above.

Space is limited! Click here to register