UMass Open Source Science/Maker class 'Show and Tell' tomorrow at Amherst Media, ~3:00-4:30 pm

Charlie Schweik

Dec 13, 2015, 9:56:38 AM12/13/15
to mak...@amherstmedia.org, Sarah Hutton, Carolina Aragon, Birton Cowden, David McLaughlin, T Soules, Rick Peltier, Steven D. Brewer, Paula Sturdevant Rees, Alexander Schreyer, Jeanne Antill, fsul...@educ.umass.edu, Marla Solomon, Nick Harrison, Nathaniel Woodruff, Dennis Spencer, Benjamin Jones, Jon Caris, Andy Anderson, makers-steering
Dear 5 college colleagues with an interest in 'making' and education:

I just wanted to let you know that we will be shooting another episode of Makers at Amherst Media [1] tomorrow afternoon. The episode, beginning at 3:00, will be a Show and Tell by the student teams in this year's experimental Open Source Science/Makers class co-organized by me (ECo, CPPA), Steve Brewer (Bio), Rick Peltier (Public Health) and Alex Schreyer (BCT). Short project status reports will be done by student teams on:

1) Deployment and test of the Open Source Open ROV tethered submarine in Puffer's Pond
2) Unmanned Aerial System (quadcopter) piloting and current updates on FAA policy
3) Arduino air quality sensor system and light detection system
4) Experiences learning QGIS software and to analyze air quality data in Kathmandu
5) Experiences building the Arduino water pollution sensor - the 'Riffle'
6) A quick demo of the 'Outernet' system -- streaming open access data to the world

Your welcome to join us!