Three things: (1) possible book of interest- Chris Anderson's 'Makers'; (2) NYC World Makerfaire on 9/26/15, and (3) keep the early evening of 9/9 open if you can!

Charles Schweik

Aug 29, 2015, 9:07:04 AM8/29/15
to mak...@amherstmedia.org, Jeanne Antill, Sarah Hutton
Hi Makers@Amherst Media:

Three things:

1) Wired magazine editor Chris Anderson's Makers book might be of interest to some of you on the list. Thanks to Alex Schreyer for pointing it out to me. See [1] below.

2) Keep September 9th, early evening open on your schedule if you can. We are still working on planning so this isn't definite yet, but we may have a M@AM fall kick-off event with a talk by an amazing teacher from a company called Trillium Learning who has high school kids in NJ and Alaska doing AMAZING maker-related projects connected to high schools. Stay tuned for details on that...

3) This year's UMass Open Science/Maker class will be again heading down to the World Makerfaire in NY City [2] on Saturday 9/26. Tickets can be purchased at [3]. I've created a Google doc to see who might be interested in going and to start a carpool list.

Cheers,
Charlie Schweik

Eric

Aug 30, 2015, 12:11:59 PM8/30/15
to mak...@amherstmedia.org, Jeanne Antill, Sarah Hutton
Excellent! I'll be there as well with the SketchUp team showing off some awesome CNC projects I'm building right here in Greenfield:

Charles Schweik

Aug 30, 2015, 12:22:14 PM8/30/15
to mak...@amherstmedia.org
Hi Eric,

Just to clarify -- you are talking about being at NYC Makerfaire with your Sketchup team? Great! Give us more information on what table we should look for to find you...

Charlie Schweik
Charlie Schweik

Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Dept of Environmental Conservation and Center for Public Policy and Administration

Author, Internet Success: A Study of Open Source Software (MIT Press, 2012) - see http://tinyurl.com/d3e4545

Q: Why do I try my best to keep my emails to five sentences or less?