Amara is back online! 12/12/16

1 view

Darren Bridenbeck

Dec 12, 2016, 11:59:25 PM12/12/16
to api-...@amara.org
Dear Amara partners,

Amara.org is back – we apologize for any inconvenience the downtime may have caused.

The site fell victim to a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack, which created an outage from roughly 3:30pm to 8:30pm EST on December 12th. Over the course of the afternoon our DevOps team took steps to make Amara servers more resilient to the attacks, and worked with Amazon Web Services to resolve the issue.

We appreciate your patience as we worked through the outage. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Thanks for your continued support!

Darren and the Amara Team