Unable to connect with port 13000 in Android device

Santharao Simhadri

Feb 15, 2023, 5:57:34 AM2/15/23
to AltTester - UI test automation tool for gaming
Hi,
I'm trying to run the sample project (Trash Dash) in Android device. Pop-up shows "Waiting for connection on port 13000" for long time but it's never connected to run the automation on device. Could you please assist me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Santha.

Alexandru Rotaru

Feb 15, 2023, 6:37:38 AM2/15/23
to Santharao Simhadri, AltTester - UI test automation tool for gaming
Hello Santha,

Please have a look at this section of the documentation about port forwarding and make sure that you enable it on your device.

Thanks,
Alex

--------------------------

Alexandru Rotaru

Santharao Simhadri

Feb 17, 2023, 7:27:32 AM2/17/23
to AltTester - UI test automation tool for gaming, alex....@altom.com, AltTester - UI test automation tool for gaming, Santharao Simhadri
Hey, Thank you for the answer. I'm trying the port forwarding from the Unity Editor itself. Still it's struggling to connect with port.

Shall I get some clear steps on this please?

Steps which I followed are :
1. Connected the device with USB
2. Refreshed the Port Forwarding devices list. Device which is connected with USB is shown there.
3. Build & Run
4. Starting with Port Forwarding for that device once the build started running.

The other approach which I followed is
1. Connected the device with USB
2. Refreshed the Port Forwarding devices list. Device which is connected with USB is shown there.
3. Starting with Port Forwarding before building itself
4. Build & Run
5. Still it's not able to connect with the port once the build is installed.

Can you please assist me where it could've went wrong?

Alexandru Rotaru

Feb 18, 2023, 3:22:17 AM2/18/23
to Santharao Simhadri, AltTester - UI test automation tool for gaming
Hello,

When you say that you tried "port forwarding from the Unity Editor itself", do you mean from the AltTester Editor Window?
I doin't think that the order you do the port forwarding is important. Can you telnet on localhost 13000? (if you are on windows, you need to install telnet beforehand as it's not added by default) Run from the command line telnet locahost 13000
If you cannot establish a successful telnet connection, it's either because port forwarding is not done correctly or that AltTester Server has not started successfully. If you are saying that you see the AltTester popup that is waiting for connections, the first case is more probable.

If you still cannot make this work, you can book a support session with one of our engineers.

Thanks,
Alex