How to Integrate AltUnityTester with Appium framework?

Sonia Subash

Jun 9, 2021, 5:38:57 AM6/9/21
to AltUnity - UI test automation tool for Unity3D
Hi All,

I am pretty new to Mobile testing with unity and I wanted to integrate Altunity tester with my existing Appium framework with Maven.

Can you please help me with the setps that i need to follow to integrate Altunity tester with Appium?

Best Regards,
Sonia

ANKUR SATIJA

Jun 9, 2021, 6:35:20 AM6/9/21
to Sonia Subash, AltUnity - UI test automation tool for Unity3D
Hi team,

The same problem, I am having while integrating Appium with Altunity tester. My dev team has Unity App and they don't integrate any Altunity tester library while creating the build.

Is it necessary for the dev to create unity build by integrating Altunitytester libraries while making any mobile build ?

Timea Pusok

Jun 10, 2021, 5:48:11 AM6/10/21
to AltUnity - UI test automation tool for Unity3D, ankur.s...@gmail.com, AltUnity - UI test automation tool for Unity3D, sonias...@gmail.com
Hey,

I think it might help you.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 3:08 PM Sonia Subash <sonias...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I am pretty new to Mobile testing with unity and I wanted to integrate Altunity tester with my existing Appium framework with Maven.

Can you please help me with the setps that i need to follow to integrate Altunity tester with Appium?

Best Regards,
Sonia

ANKUR SATIJA

Jun 10, 2021, 6:19:19 AM6/10/21
to Timea Pusok, AltUnity - UI test automation tool for Unity3D, sonias...@gmail.com
Hi Timea,

In this article, it is not mentioned that the build that dev gives should have altunity tester libraries. This was my main question.

Is there any chat or forum on which I can discuss my queries and all ?

Thanks and regards,
Ankur Satija

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 3:18 PM Timea Pusok <timea...@altom.com> wrote:
[...]

Timea Pusok

Jun 10, 2021, 6:39:11 AM6/10/21
to AltUnity - UI test automation tool for Unity3D, ankur.s...@gmail.com, AltUnity - UI test automation tool for Unity3D, sonias...@gmail.com, Timea Pusok
Got it now, sorry.

For including AltUnity Tester in your app, you have the steps here: https://altom.gitlab.io/altunity/altunitytester/pages/get-started.html

Also, you can join our discord server for questions: https://discord.gg/Ag9RSuS

ANKUR SATIJA

Jun 10, 2021, 8:27:31 AM6/10/21
to Timea Pusok, AltUnity - UI test automation tool for Unity3D, sonias...@gmail.com
So my main problem is : My company has already created a UNITY APP. They have given me to test through automation.  So can I use altunity tester with appium?

Please let me know by proving the answer.

Pre-request: UNITY APP is already in Production i.e APP STORE and PLAY STORE.

ANKUR SATIJA

Jun 15, 2021, 1:26:14 AM6/15/21
to Timea Pusok, AltUnity - UI test automation tool for Unity3D, sonias...@gmail.com
any update on the above query?

Ru Cindrea

Jun 15, 2021, 1:34:17 AM6/15/21
to ANKUR SATIJA, Timea Pusok, AltUnity - UI test automation tool for Unity3D, sonias...@gmail.com
Hello!

The short answer is: you cannot use a Unity app straight from the Google Play store or App Store for automation with Appium and AltUnity Tester. You need a special build that is instrumented for automation with AltUnity Tester.

The link my colleague sent earlier explains the steps needed to get started with automation using AltUnity Tester https://altom.gitlab.io/altunity/altunitytester/pages/get-started.html

Ru