Wrong build of akiban-persistit-3.3.0.jar in Maven central repository

Simon Brandhof

Aug 1, 2013, 4:57:48 AM8/1/13
to akiba...@akiban.com
Hi,

First of all, thanks for the great lib and for the move to Apache 2 license.

The file akiban-persistit-3.3.0.jar [1] which is available in Maven central repository was built with JDK 7. As it's explained in release notes [2], this artifact is not compatible with Java 6 applications.
Could you please release a new version built with Java 6 ?

Thank you very much

[1] http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|com.akiban|akiban-persistit|3.3.0|jar
[2] http://akiban.github.io/persistit/docs/ReleaseNotes.html

pdbe...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2013, 4:34:05 PM8/1/13
to akiba...@akiban.com
Hi Simon,

Oops. I thought we had carefully put the Java 6 jar files on the Maven Repository. I'll fix it.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Peter Beaman

PS - my new email address is pbe...@twitter.com

d...@thinkaurelius.com

Aug 27, 2013, 4:49:24 AM8/27/13
to akiba...@akiban.com
On Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:34:05 PM UTC-4, pdbe...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Oops. I thought we had carefully put the Java 6 jar files on the Maven Repository. I'll fix it.

Hi,

I've also run into this issue.

Any idea when the jar on Maven Central might be updated? I want to ship Persistit support in an upcoming release of Titan [1], but dropping JDK6 support is problematic for us.

thanks,
Dan

1. http://titan.thinkaurelius.com/