3.3 ETA?

Blake Eggleston

May 17, 2013, 9:25:20 PM5/17/13
to akiba...@akiban.com
Hi All,

I've finished up the Titan persistit adapter working against the 3.3-SNAPSHOT and everything seems to be working nicely. I'd like to merge this into Titan, but need to wait until 3.3 is available through Maven. Is there an ETA on when this will happen??

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Blake

Nathan Williams

May 18, 2013, 11:02:38 AM5/18/13
to akiba...@akiban.com
Hi Blake,

On Friday, May 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Blake Eggleston wrote:

I've finished up the Titan persistit adapter working against the 3.3-SNAPSHOT and everything seems to be working nicely.
Glad to hear it!

I'd like to merge this into Titan, but need to wait until 3.3 is available through Maven. Is there an ETA on when this will happen??
Peter was working on the release yesterday.

It should be ready to go in the next couple of days. We'll be sure to reply to this thread when it is.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!
You as well!

-Nathan

Blake Eggleston

May 18, 2013, 2:39:07 PM5/18/13
to akiba...@akiban.com
Great to hear. Thanks!

Peter Beaman

May 18, 2013, 6:14:46 PM5/18/13
to Blake Eggleston, akiban-user
Hi Blake,

I am happy to report that Akiban Persistit 3.3.0 has been released.  It is available now on Launchpad and Maven Central. We'll get it over to github shortly.

Thanks for your patience.  I look forward to trying out the Titan updates.

Peter

Great to hear. Thanks!

Brendan Humphreys

May 18, 2013, 8:02:24 PM5/18/13
to akiban-user
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the new release; looking forward to taking it for a spin. I couldn't find any release notes / changelog available for the 3.3.0 release?

I found https://launchpad.net/akiban-persistit/trunk/3.3.0 with 5 bugs listed as fixed. Is that the definitive list of changes since 3.2.7?

Thanks,
-Brendan

Peter Beaman

May 18, 2013, 10:59:00 PM5/18/13
to Brendan Humphreys, akiban-user
Hi Bendan,

We are still working on publishing the release notes to the Launchpad and github sites - they will be there soon.  Until that's done you can find them in the binary release itself under docs/html/ReleaseNotes.html.  Sorry for the confusion.

The ReleaseNotes.html document describes the changes and fixed bugs. I believe they are the same ones identified by Launchpad.  But there are other important changes. The biggest is that the creation or deletion of  a tree within a transaction T is not visible to other transactions until T commits.

Thanks for your continued interest in Persistit.

Peter