INVITATION: Salon on Peace and Climate

Carolyn Parker

Mar 24, 2022, 7:49:35 PM3/24/22
to Ethical Action Chairs (new)

Dear Colleagues:

The AEU Ethical Action Committee will host another Activism at a Distance Salon–”Peace and Climate”--on April 20 at 8:00 PM Eastern.  The Salon has been called in response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine and subsequent discussions that have been occurring throughout the Union as members and Societies consider what this event means to us.  Here’s what we’ve planned:

The Russian invasion of Ukraine has elicited a broad range of responses from a broad range of perspectives.  Here are three from Ethical Culture:

  • We must respond to the human suffering caused by war with concrete actions.

  • Violence is never justified.

  • We must not be complicit in supporting the root causes of war.

Join us for a discussion of these ideas in the classic Ethical Culture approach to differing priorities–a friendly, if energetic, discussion among colleagues.  James Croft, Curt Collier, and Bart Worden will exchange their ideas; Nori Rost will moderate.  Oh, yes, there will be Q & A!

Here’s the Zoom link for the Salon:  https://bit.ly/peace-and-climate-salon

Here’s the link to a flyer that you can use to announce the Salon to your Society.  The flyer is also attached as a PDF file.

If your Society would like to be a co-host of the event, sign up on Facebook and join Ethical Society of Austin, Susquehanna Valley Ethical Society, Ethical Society of Mid-Rivers, and Washington Ethical Society.  (Yes, we will update the flyer asap.)

We look forward to seeing you at the Salon on Peace and Climate.  Bring friends!

ALSOSave the date:  Curt Collier will be presenting at our next Salon on Ethical Biocentrism, May 18, 8:00 PM Eastern.

Peace and goodwill,

Carolyn A. Parker

Chair, AEU Ethical Action Committee

--
She/Her - Deed Before Creed - AEU Ethical Action
Peace and Climate announcement flyer - Google Docs.pdf