Possible book for book discussion?

Hugh Taft-Morales

Sep 18, 2022, 2:41:20 PM9/18/22
to Ethical Action List, Catherine Eskey, Richard Reis, Nancy Poznak, Janice Hale Ewertsen, Jeanne Sears, Tom, Joanna Brandt, Rosemary Irving, Hugh Taft-Morales, katie obrien, Brian England
Dear EAC and Green Team,
I'd love to host a book discussion about the book below. It's a gripping story of El Salvador's victory against international mining companies.  It's written by a couple in my neighborhood who I might be able to convince to attend a Zoom discussion.  Is this something that EAC and Green Team might want to co-sponsor for November or December?  (If you prefer to push it into 2023, I could wait.) If you don't want to sponsor the talk, I will prob just offer it as a Leader's event. Thanks ya'll!
Yours, Hugh

The Water Defenders: How Ordinary People Saved a Country from Corporate Greed, by Robin Broad and John Cavanagh

--

Hugh Taft-Morales

Ethical Humanist Leader in Baltimore and Philadelphia

American Ethical Union

preferred pronouns: he, him, his

301-580-1481

Monica Weiss

Sep 18, 2022, 8:37:45 PM9/18/22
to Hugh Taft-Morales, Ethical Action List, Catherine Eskey, Richard Reis, Nancy Poznak, Janice Hale Ewertsen, Jeanne Sears, Tom, Joanna Brandt, Rosemary Irving, katie obrien, Brian England
This looks wonderful Hugh!!!   I think a book discussion with the authors would be really impressive. Why not an AEU All Society program? We have one scheduled for 1/29/23. It would help connect us to something bigger
than just what the societies are doing and help frame some important conversations going forward.  Monica

--
Visit the Ethical Action Page on the AEU Resources website https://sites.google.com/aeu.org/aeu-resources/ethical-action
---

Chris Kaman

Sep 18, 2022, 9:05:01 PM9/18/22
to Hugh Taft-Morales, Ethical Action List, Catherine Eskey, Richard Reis, Nancy Poznak, Janice Hale Ewertsen, Jeanne Sears, Tom, Joanna Brandt, Rosemary Irving, katie obrien, Brian England
Great idea!

Chris Kaman

Jazz washes off the dust of everyday life.  - Art Blakey

Hugh Taft-Morales

Sep 18, 2022, 9:46:00 PM9/18/22
to Chris Kaman, Ethical Action List, Catherine Eskey, Richard Reis, Nancy Poznak, Janice Hale Ewertsen, Jeanne Sears, Tom, Joanna Brandt, Rosemary Irving, katie obrien, Brian England
Dear everyone!

Apologies. I clearly was working too hastily today!  This was the second email error of the day for me.  \

I meant to send this to the Baltimore Ethical Society Green Team and Baltimore Ethical Society Ethical Action Committee, NOT the AEU Ethical Action Committee!  I will start a new email chain internal to Baltimore and a separate one to the AEU Ethical Action Committee. Please, for clarity of process purposes, please DON'T REPLY to this email chain.

After the two groups confer, they can decide if they want to collaborate. Perhaps we can do a separate book discussion for the Baltimore Ethical Society and then invite the authors for an all-AEU event if the AEU Ethical Action team and BES would like that.

Thank you!

Yours, Hugh