CALL TO ACTION: Reclaim Our Vote

Carolyn Parker

May 24, 2022, 1:01:15 PM5/24/22
to Ethical Action Chairs (new)
ROV for Phila ES newsltr.JPG

Dear Colleagues:

As we approach Memorial Day, we are called to remember those who have fallen in our country's name.  Today, members of the American Ethical Union are also called to practice and preserve our American democracy.  There are several ways to do this, including registering voters, working in your local elections, voting, and standing up for democratic principles wherever they are at risk.

One approach which we are encouraging AEU member Societies to participate in is the Reclaim Our Vote campaign being conducted by the Center for Common Cause.  This will take time, it will take many hands, and it will take some money.  🤗  It is a national call to action.  And it is very DIYJanet Rose (New York Society for Ethical Culture) has volunteered to serve as point person for your questions, but you are being called to implement the project with volunteers in your area.

Here are the tasks for Reclaim Our Vote:
  • Sign up to participate at voterletters.com.
  • Read the directions.
  • Choose a project.
  • Get started.
You may need to purchase postcards and other supplies as well as pay for postage.  There are other campaigns available for making calls, texting, and community canvassing.

Please read the attached flyer provided by Janet Rose for more information and inspiration.

In addition:
  • Please announce and promote your Society's participation on your website and social media;
  • Please let us know--here or via email to ethical-ac...@aeu.org--what you have done, plan to do, think about this project.
  • Take pix whenever possible and share them here or to ethical-ac...@aeu.org. (Thanks, Nick!)
Many thanks to Janet Rose for her help on this Project.  And to Marta Guttenberg for her faithful support.

Peace and goodwill,

Carolyn A. Parker
Chair, AEU Ethical Action

--
She/Her - Deed Before Creed - AEU Ethical Action
rov aeu.pdf