SAVE THE DATE: Salon on Nonviolence and Gun Safety, August 17

Carolyn Parker

Jul 25, 2022, 10:02:43 PM7/25/22
to Ethical Action Chairs (new)
The AEU Ethical Action Committee will present a Salon on Nonviolence and Gun Safety on August 17, 8:00 pm Eastern, via Zoom (https://bit.ly/3u6hH5Z).  The Salon will include "An examination of the phenomenon of mass shootings in America and an urgent call to implement evidence-based strategies to stop these tragedies" and feature Sharon Stanley, Ethical Humanist Society of Long Island and Moms Demand Action.

Please add this event to your Society calendar and publicize it in social and other media.  AEU will post the Salon as a Facebook event which your Society can join as a co-host.  Post or distribute the announcement flier which is provided as a Google doc and attached as a PDF.  (As more co-hosts are added, we will update the flier to indicate the participating Societies.)

In addition, please note that this Salon is another follow up to our 2021 Resolution Renewal of Commitment to a Culture of Peace.  AEU has a long history of opposing violence and supporting peace.  I will provide additional links to resources in the next couple of days.

Peace and goodwill,

Carolyn A. Parker
Chair, AEU EAC

--
She/Her - Deed Before Creed - AEU Ethical Action
Nonviolence and Gun Safety announcement flyer - Google Docs.pdf

Jone Lewis

Jul 26, 2022, 11:30:38 AM7/26/22
to Carolyn Parker, Ethical Action Chairs (new)
A request that when you ask to include announcements in our calendars, that you include copies of the images separately (either a Google Drive link or attachment).  It takes a lot less time and is a lot better result, then, to get it onto those Society calendar pages that require images, than if we have to do a screen cap from the Google doc.

It's up on the RYSEC calendar now www.rysec.org

Jone Johnson Lewis
  she/her/hers

--
Visit the Ethical Action Page on the AEU Resources website https://sites.google.com/aeu.org/aeu-resources/ethical-action
---

Pattie Arduini

Jul 26, 2022, 12:10:29 PM7/26/22
to Carolyn Parker, Ethical Action Chairs (new)

I turned these into .png and .jpg
Gun Violence poster.png
Gun Violence Salon.png
Sharon.jpg

Patricia Arduini
SVES Board President
Pronouns: She, Her, Hers

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 62
Mifflinburg, PA  17844

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 10:02 PM Carolyn Parker <cpa...@aeu.org> wrote:
--
Sharon.jpg
Gun Violence Salon.png

Carolyn Parker

Jul 26, 2022, 4:11:01 PM7/26/22
to Pattie Arduini, Ethical Action Chairs (new)
Pattie, you're a whiz!  Thank you so much for that.  Jone's reminder is a good one, and I should have done that.  I have been firmly reminded by our Austin communications support to do just that, and I was very proud 🤓 when I sent the promotional info to Jake Ritter, AEU's Program Support and Communications staff member along with content for social media.  Unfortunately, I didn't make the connection to doing the same for our partners in promotion!  Thank you both for helping me learn good practice.

Peace and goodwill,

Carolyn