Errors installing on mac OS 13.6

1 view

McNew, Sabrina - (mcnew)

May 26, 2024, 3:21:55 PMMay 26
to us...@admb-project.org
Hi:

I'm trying to install admb for use with another program in R. I have Xcode 14.3.1 installed with command line tools. I followed the instructions on this page: https://www.admb-project.org/downloads/admb-13.2/BuildingSourceUnix.html

I keep getting a persistent error during the "make" command that ends on an "Error 2."  I can't find any information about this particular error online. Can you help?

Thanks for any advice,

Sabrina

Sabrina McNew

she/her/ella
Assistant Professor
Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
University of Arizona

1041 E. Lowell St.
Biosciences West
Rm. 326
Tucson, AZ 85719

Book time to meet with me

Johnoel Ancheta

May 28, 2024, 3:07:23 AMMay 28
to McNew, Sabrina - (mcnew), us...@admb-project.org
Hi Sabrina -

I can't seem to duplicate the error that you have.  Can you try downloading ADMB from github?

% cd admb
% make clean
% make

Johnoel Ancheta

May 28, 2024, 11:53:16 PMMay 28
to ADMB Users

On Tue, May 28, 2024 at 9:46 AM McNew, Sabrina - (mcnew) <mc...@arizona.edu> wrote:
Hi both:

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. No success but I've got some alternatives to using admb that I'll pursue instead.

Best,

Sabrina