Choosing precision of output on std file

Mosqueira Sanchez, Iago

Sep 28, 2022, 4:33:22 PM9/28/22
to us...@admb-project.org
Hello,

I wanted to know if the precision of values in the std file can be set,
as it is done for the rep file with report.precision().

Or is it hard-coded somewhere around here?

https://github.com/admb-project/admb/blob/main/src/nh99/mod_sd.cpp#L551

I wanted the precision of those two files to match, if possible.

Thanks,

Iago

--
dr. Iago Mosqueira

Wageningen Marine Research

Haringkade 1
Postbus 68
1976CP, IJmuiden
The Netherlands

Tel.: +31 (0)317 488 995
iago.mo...@wur.nl

Johnoel Ancheta

Sep 28, 2022, 4:45:10 PM9/28/22
to Mosqueira Sanchez, Iago, us...@admb-project.org
Hi Iago,

Yes, the precision for the .std values are hard coded in the
function. It can be user adjusted if more
precision is what you need.

Johnoel

Mosqueira Sanchez, Iago

Sep 28, 2022, 5:11:08 PM9/28/22
to joh...@hawaii.edu, us...@admb-project.org
Hi,

Thanks for the very quick reply. Would I need to recompile admb with a
different value set in there?

Cheers,

Iago

Johnoel Ancheta

Sep 28, 2022, 5:18:54 PM9/28/22
to Mosqueira Sanchez, Iago, us...@admb-project.org
Yes, follow the building from source guides in the page below

http://www.admb-project.org/downloads/admb-13.0/

Change the hardcoded value of 4 in setprecision in lines 561 and 563
in src/nh99/mod_sd.cpp. I will
also think about being able to adjust during runtime.

https://github.com/admb-project/admb/issues/276