ADMB is available as a Docker Image

Johnoel Ancheta

Mar 7, 2024, 8:05:34 PMMar 7
to ADMB Users
Using Docker may simplify installation and usage of ADMB.  Please give it try and provide feedback.

Mark Clements

Mar 8, 2024, 4:10:44 PMMar 8
to Johnoel Ancheta, ADMB Users
Possibly asking a naive question: what is the most sensible way to use the ADMB Docker image with an R package? As an example, we could call the ADMB Docker image to compile code for a local R package. It is unclear to me if `SystemRequirements: docker` or `SystemRequirements: ADMB` for an R package DESCRIPTION file would be better. Alternatively, we could combine R, ADMB and an R package with compiled ADMB code within a new Docker image. Comments?

Sincerely, Mark.