Defining the Future Learning Experience Project

Aaron Silvers

Jan 3, 2011, 11:54:39 AM1/3/11
to Future Learning Experiences
You can read the post here: http://goo.gl/fb/Md2PB

===

Today marks the first day of ADL’s Future Learning Experience Project,
a major new effort from ADL that returns our organization to its roots
in Applied Research & Development in the learning technology space.

The theme for this month is “Definition.” In other words, we intend to
answer as many questions as we can about what the Future Learning
Experience Project is, how it relates to other efforts that have
happened in the recent past and concurrently, its origins, its scope
and what is identified as critical for the effort to be a success.

You can expect that there will be a number of blog posts published
here, like this very post, that tackle the pedagogy of learning
experiences, how the project relates to LETSI’s Run Time Web Services
effort and Rustici Software’s “Project: Tin Can,” as well as summaries
(and reminders) of meetings and online chats related to the Future
Learning Experience Project.

What of those online chats and meetings? There are three occurring in
January:

* Thursday, January 13, 11:30am ET & 8:30pm ET, a #lrnchat will be
focused on working with learning technology standards. #lrnchat is an
online chat over the social messaging service Twitter that happens
twice every Thursday, due to its popularity in the US and overseas.
Follow @lrnchat for more information.

* Details will be posted soon, but on the week of January 17, there
will be a Department of Defense ADL (DADL) Working Group meeting
focused on the Future Learning Experience Project.

* Tuesday, January 25, 11:30am ET, a first #ADLchat will be occur on
Twitter. In a similar format to #lrnchat, this live chat will focus on
ADL-specific topics and allow time for your questions to be addressed
in real-time by the ADL team. Follow @lrnEXP for details.

Do you have questions or comments for us? How can I/we help you?

-a-