Defining the Future Learning Experience Project

Aaron Silvers

Jan 3, 2011, 12:13:07 PM1/3/11
to CMI Harmonization
All,

Please forgive this cross-post. ADL's Future Learning Experience
Project has kicked off and as it may be of interest to members of this
group, I'd like to make sure there is awareness of this activity, and
that there will be a wealth of information in the next days and weeks)
in which we intend to answer as many questions as we can about what
the Future Learning Experience Project is, how it relates to other
efforts that have happened in the recent past and concurrently, its
origins, its scope and what is identified as critical for the effort
to be a success.

You can read the post here: http://goo.gl/fb/Md2PB

You can expect that there will be a number of blog posts published
that tackle the pedagogy of learning experiences, how the project
relates to the CMI Core and Extension Data Model work, LETSI’s Run
Time Web Services effort and Rustici Software’s “Project: Tin Can,” as
well as summaries (and reminders) of meetings and online chats related
to the Future Learning Experience Project.

Speaking of online chats and meetings? There are three occurring in
January:

* Thursday, January 13, 11:30am ET & 8:30pm ET, a #lrnchat will be
focused on working with learning technology standards. #lrnchat is an
online chat over the social messaging service Twitter that happens
twice every Thursday, due to its popularity in the US and overseas.
Follow @lrnchat (http://www.twitter.com/lrnchat) for more information.

* Wednesday, January 19, 2:00pm ET, there will be a Department of
Defense ADL (DADL) Working Group meeting focused on the Future
Learning Experience Project and Rustici Software's "Project: Tin Can"

* Tuesday, January 25, 11:30am ET, a first #ADLchat will be occur on
Twitter. In a similar format to #lrnchat, this live chat will focus on
ADL-specific topics and allow time for your questions to be addressed
in real-time by the ADL team. Follow @lrnEXP for details.

There is a discussion list for the Future Learning Experience Project
and a few other outlets for engaging with the ADL team. At your
convenience, please check out
https://sites.google.com/a/adlnet.gov/future-learning-experience-project/get-involved

Thanks, and again, I apologize for the cross-post.

-a-