weekly update CW 5

Roland Kuhn

Feb 3, 2023, 9:33:17 AM2/3/23
to Actyx users
Hi everyone!

This week we had a few interesting conversations and explored some ideas, including prototypes of a possible next evolution step of our Pond library. By moving from a single onEvent function to distinct per-state classes with event handler methods, we should be able to offer a generic dev UI for your fishes (which may be called machines in that particular future timeline); besides showing the state, you’ll invoke commands (with inputs gathered via generated forms), and you’ll see a state graph to compare the implemented business logic to your externally specified process design.

Another nice thing about this will be that since we have the full audit log of what happened in our Actyx events, we can visually let you move through history using a slider so that you can see precisely where the unexpected behaviour occurs. Does that sound like a cool feature? We’ll dive deeper into this topic next week.

Have a nice weekend,

Roland

--
Dr. Roland Kuhn