From Kirk's web-site

KJCSmith1

Feb 20, 2004, 8:22:23 PM2/20/04
So many of you have emailed me personally and asked about the counseling this
past weekend. Thousands of you agreed to pray. Some even fasted and prayed.
Thank you so much for being willing to do that.

Let me just give you a run down as to what happened. I hope you can tell that
I am excited about it.

On Thursday afternoon (Feb 12) I met with Dr. Phil Hoskins, Senior Pastor of
Higher Ground Baptist Church in Kingsport, Tennessee, a long time friend. He
introduced me to his associate pastor, Dr. Shannon Salyer and Rev. Roy A.
Blankenship, from First Baptist Church in Woodstock, Georgia. Roy is a
certified Christian counselor, and his expertise is in sexual addictions. Roy
is a genius! Phil told me when I arrived that he had learned more about
spiritual warfare from Roy in the 20 minutes prior to my arrival than he had
learned in his entire ministry. I was fully aware that these men did not
condone my immorality, yet they did not condemn me, instead they yielded to the
compassion of Christ and reached out to me.

After meeting with Roy for a couple of hours, I totally trusted him and knew
that Friday's session was going to be good for me. Little did I know just how
good it was going to be.

Friday morning, we began intense counsel. All over the church building and in
their offices, people were praying. Phil was serious about this session.
Little to my knowledge, he had contacted people all over the country who had
agreed to fast and pray on Friday our counseling session. The deacons and men
from his church were praying. In the office building where we were, there was
a group of Ladies that were praying, LOUDLY! Rev. Larry Lykens entire church
were fasting and praying on that day. Thousands were storming the gates of
hell on my behalf and I was unaware of it. After Roy had talked to me for
several hours, he asked me if I was ready to totally surrender my all to
Christ. I said "yes." He then handed me a cross, asked me to hold it tightly
in my hand as he read some scripture. Honestly I don't remember where he read
from, because I was crying and praying myself. But the word of God is powerful
and the Holy Spirit was present as he read. For several minutes he read and
prayed and read and prayed. Then he asked me to lay in the floor in the same
position as Christ was on the cross. I laid down as if I was laying on top of
the body of Christ. Roy prayed and read more scripture. I prayed. Phil and
Shannon were in the floor praying, I could hear the ladies across the hall
crying out to God for my cleansing and healing. I CONFESSED my sins, I FORSOOK
my sins and asked Jesus to receive me. Roy asked me to vision in my mind Christ
putting his arms around me and holding me. As I cried, I did just that. What
a great feeling to have Christ hold me. He asked me to imagine in my mind
Christ releasing his arms from around me. All of a sudden in my mind I saw
chains and shackles falling to my feet. I could see Christ kicking them away
from me. I cried and thanked the Lord for what he was doing. After a few
minutes, Roy asked me to turn over on my back. Still holding on to that cross,
I turned over. My eyes were swollen, I was emotionally exhausted, totally
drained, but free. As I lay on my back, Roy read scripture about LIVING WATER
and how it heals and cleanses. I prayed, we all prayed. As I lay there on my
back with my eyes closed, Roy began to pour water on my face, in my mouth, on
my heart, my hands, my legs, my feet and quote more scripture and pray. When
that water hit my mouth, immediately I felt something leave my body. I felt
300 pounds lighter. Lying there with my eyes still closed, I began to see a
bright white light shining around me. Hallelujah. I have never experienced
anything like this before in my life. This was better than my salvation
experience. I raised my hands in praise to him. The ladies across the hall
started shouting and praising the lord. What a wonderful experience. I KNOW
the demonic oppression left me that instant! At 12:05 PM on Feb 12th, in the
floor of the conference room at Higher Ground Baptist Church offices in
Kingsport Tennessee, Jesus passed by and set me free! Hallelujah.

Phil said that he had seen the compassion of Christ as never before.

The first call we made was to Roger and Debra Talley and then to Claude and
Connie Hopper. These two couples had been in prayer all morning on their
buses.

After lunch, Roy and I talked several more hours about a lot of different
things. Roy got a lot of information on my background, all the time he was
gathering personality information to know what kind of program of counseling he
wanted me to be a part of.

My original plans were to come back home on Friday evening, but after such an
emotional day on Friday, I doubt that I could have held the steering wheel the
hour and half trip back home. So I told Phil that I would just spend the night
once again with he and his wife and daughter. I went to bed about 6 PM on
Friday and woke up on Saturday morning about 7 AM.

Saturday morning, there was a men's prayer breakfast scheduled. I hadn't
intended to go. I didn't have any clean clothes as I had not planned to stay
overnight the second night. But Phil knew I needed to be there, so I said "If
you can stand the odor, I will go." Little did I know what was in store for me
there! Little did I know that the entire church (3200 people) had been praying
for me all week long. When Phil introduced me to the group of men that morning
as his "new friend," they began to shout and clap and stood to their feet and
praised the Lord for the miracle that he had done! Phil explained what had
happened the day before and told the room of men that it was the second most
exciting day in his ministry! He then asked me to come to the front of the
room. All the men (approximately 150-175) gathered round me and got down on
their knees and prayed like I have never heard men pray before. I knew then
why I was supposed to be there! But. . . .My experience wasn't over. Phil
explained a new family life center building plan that the church was starting
and he talked about how Greed would not be blessed. There were a few
testimonies from various men about tithing, and how their lives were so blessed
because they tithed. This really hit home with me.

Since December, I have been very very worried about my finances. First of all
let me say, I have no complaints as to how the Lord has blessed me thru the
years. I have been very blessed. I have lived good, worked hard and invested
money in a lot of business things, hoping one day when I old enough to retire,
I would be able to and not have to travel and sing when I was too old to do so.
Since I don't work for a corporation that puts money back for me for
retirement, I have had the opportunity to do that myself. My name is on lots
of things that require monthly pledges. When I was traveling, I could fund
those things, and be comfortable with the financial requirements of traveling
and singing and also fund the things that would benefit me in years to come.
But since I am no longer traveling, I have watched the funds continuously
dwindle. I have always prided myself in not being late on payments, always
paying my bills on time. In January, I had two good weekends of dates booked,
and then a 17 day trip with concerts and church services scheduled every night.
Therefore I had ordered a LOT of product to be sent to these dates. All that
product had arrived at the office. There was so much of it, that we created
new places to stack it at the office. Well, when I had to stop traveling, I
was stuck with all this product. About $50,000 dollars worth of CD's,
cassettes, Video's and DVD's were sitting in my office that had to be paid for.
I told Beth (my secretary) to pay all the bills and see where we were. I
watched as the account dwindled. For the past few weeks, my mind has been in
the state of paranoia. I sold both my car and truck to get rid of some big
lease payments. But....I said all of that to say this. Saturday morning as
all the men got on their knees and asked God to speak to them about what they
needed to give for the building fund for the Family Life Center, I bowed on my
knees and cried out to God again and told him, that he could have it all. I
gave him my home, my business...my future. I told him that he could take it
all if that's what needed to happen. All that mattered to me was that I was
whole.

I have a long road ahead of me as far as restoration. I am going to take 6
months off (with the exception of March 21 in Roanoke, VA) to drown myself in
studies and a strengthening, spiritual and emotional restoration process. I
will be visiting Roy Blankenship in Georgia once a week as part of my
restoration. I have many books to read and many hours to be spent in prayer
and study. So I am going to ask your assistance in allowing me the time to do
so. For the past few weeks, I have only had time to read and respond to
thousands of email. I need to free up some time to study, so I am going to ask
you not to email me for a while. I won't be making many posts or newsletter
for a while. Please respect my need to be quiet. I love hearing from people
but please pray for me and ask God to allow me some space and time during this
restoration process.

The team of pastors that are going to be my accountable partners and walk with
me through this time include:
Dr. Phil Hoskins-Higher Ground Baptist Church -Senior Pastor
Dr. Shannon Salyer-Higher Ground Baptist Church, Minister of Pastoral Care
Rev. Roy A. Blankenship- President of Pastoral Counseling and Restoration,
Minister of Counseling and Communication at First Baptist Church, Woodstock,
Georgia
Rev. Larry Lykens-Family Worship Center pastor -Roanoke Virginia
Rev. Tommy Patterson-my pastor at Maranatha Church of the Harvest, Lenoir City
Tenn
Eric Bennett-ordained minister and bass singer with Integrity Quartet
Derek Miser-financial consultant
There will be a statement from them soon on the webpage also.

There have been several of friends who have asked me how they could help me
during this time. First of all, most importantly, I covet your prayers. Pray
for a greater understanding of the scripture and a greater desire to be strong
and face the temptation that surely will come. Satan will be mad and more
determined to see me fall. Ask God to give me strength. In my weakness he is
strong!

Another way you can help at this point is to visit my website store. Starting
Wednesday, February 18, there will be some Internet specials.

1. Buy two CD's and get the third one ABSOLUTELY FREE.
2. Buy two Cassettes, get the third one ABSOLUTELY FREE
3. Buy two Video Get the third one ABSOLUTELY FREE.
4. The songbooks will be discounted also. $12 each or all three for $20.00.
5. Soundtrack titles (cassettes only) As long as they last-$ 5.00 each or 6
for $20.00
6. Kids Shirts-"It's Not my Fault I'm so cute, God Made me that way" $10
each, 3 for $20. Sizes left are 6 month, 12 month, and 24 month.

You will receive a confirmation that will show you being charged for the
regular price but all the orders will be refigured at the office and the
reduced amount will be charged to your credit card. When you get your order,
you will receive a copy of the charge so that you can see you have gotten the
reduced price.

Also, as most of you know, I accepted a position with the telephone long
distance company, Telcoprinternational. Mr. Bob Passwater, the president of
this company has saved me lots of money each month for years. Many groups in
Southern Gospel have signed up to use his services through the years. This is a
very reputable company. For instance, they just landed the account for the
Antivirus Program for the Federal Reserve! Also, they just obtained the
contract for the city of Hartford CT-including all the schools, libraries,
offices. . . . One of Bobs long distance carriers, Opex Communications is
offering a great savings on long distance now. They are offering an
unbelievable rate of 3.9 cents a minute for interstate calls. This rate is
available in most areas but not in all areas. Click here to ask for a quote or
a summary to see how much you would save on your long distance. OPEX
Communications - Check Rate For business customers, they are offering a 3.5
cents a minute rate for interstate calls. There will be a $2.00 charge if your
long distance bill (residential or business) is under $20.00 a month. That
will help me and it will save you a lot of money each month. Most people and
companies have saved at least 30% on their long distance bill. Telcorp also
has Internet services ($9.95 a month for dial up and $12.95 a month for high
speed), phone cards, and antivirus systems that are incredible. They will be
offering nationwide Cellular service in April of this year at a reduced rate
also. They also are heavily involved in fund raising for non profit
organizations and churches. They have funded thousands of dollars into the
Southern Gospel Music Hall of Fame. If you are have any questions about rates,
if you want a summary to see how much you can save, or if you have companies
that need to save money, call for more information. 1-800-682-0388. If you
know of companies or agencies that are interested in saving money on their
bill, Email me

I know this has been long! I know you are tired of reading, but I just had to
tell you what God has done and ask you to pray for me during this time of
brokeness, healing, and restoration.

I am only doing one date during this time. March 21, in the Sunday morning
Worship Service at Family Worship Center in Roanoke, Virginia. Pastor Lykens
wants me to be there so his church can minister to me! I will sing some, and
he will preach. If you would want to come to that, email him at
LwL5...@aol.com For directions and information. I know that there are people
coming from CA, OH, GA, MI, TN, WV, PA, MD, NC and VA just to say they love me
and are praying for me.

Keep me in your prayers.

Just Allan

Feb 21, 2004, 10:40:15 AM2/21/04
On 21 Feb 2004 01:22:23 GMT, kjcs...@aol.com (KJCSmith1) wrote:

Although I wasn't going to, I did go and read this, after someone
emailed me about it...

Now that the whole thing has been posted here, I'd like to point out
some very obvious things from KT's comments, for the few here claiming
you can be both a homosexual and a Christian.

>Friday morning, we began intense counsel. All over the church building and in
>their offices, people were praying. Phil was serious about this session.
>Little to my knowledge, he had contacted people all over the country who had
>agreed to fast and pray on Friday our counseling session. The deacons and men
>from his church were praying. In the office building where we were, there was
>a group of Ladies that were praying, LOUDLY! Rev. Larry Lykens entire church
>were fasting and praying on that day.

Why would they bother with all this, if homosexuality is acceptable?
(Rhetorical question, of course.)

>Thousands were storming the gates of
>hell on my behalf and I was unaware of it.

Gates of hell? Well look at that garydw & co - look at where KT
considered he was living each day of his homosexual life.

>After Roy had talked to me for
>several hours, he asked me if I was ready to totally surrender my all to
>Christ. I said "yes."

Here KT recognises Christ isn't the Lord of a homosexual's life. Pity
garydw & co's "church" can't get that simple point, or there would be
an entire congregation surrender to Christ.

>He then handed me a cross, asked me to hold it tightly
>in my hand as he read some scripture. Honestly I don't remember where he read
>from, because I was crying and praying myself. But the word of God is powerful
>and the Holy Spirit was present as he read.

Gee, look at that - it wasn't ONLY the words of Jesus that were read -
it was just any Scripture that he doesn't even remember, yet he still
recognised it as the Word of God because it came from the Bible.

>I could hear the ladies across the hall
>crying out to God for my cleansing and healing.

So a homosexual isn't *clean* OR *saved* (spiritual healing is part of
salvation) in the eyes of God.

>I CONFESSED my sins, I FORSOOK
>my sins and asked Jesus to receive me.

So homosexuality is SINFUL and must be FORSAKEN.

>I KNOW the demonic oppression left me that instant!

Homosexuals are oppressed by demons!

>At 12:05 PM on Feb 12th, in the
>floor of the conference room at Higher Ground Baptist Church offices in
>Kingsport Tennessee, Jesus passed by and set me free! Hallelujah.

Homosexuals are in bondage and have not been freed by Jesus.

>they began to shout and clap and stood to their feet and
>praised the Lord for the miracle that he had done!

If turning from a homosexual life is freedom, and a release from
bondage, and a miracle... Then to CONTINUE living that way is none of
the above.

>I am going to take 6 months off... to drown myself in studies and a strengthening, spiritual and emotional restoration process.

Homosexuality is a spiritually weak, emotionally weak and
unregenerated lifestyle.

>There have been several of friends who have asked me how they could help me
>during this time. First of all, most importantly, I covet your prayers. Pray
>for a greater understanding of the scripture and a greater desire to be strong
>and face the temptation that surely will come. Satan will be mad and more
>determined to see me fall. Ask God to give me strength. In my weakness he is
>strong!

And doesn't the above paragraph say it all! Homosexuals need a desire
to be strong in order to face & conquer the homosexual TEMPTATION that
comes directly from - SATAN!

>I know this has been long! I know you are tired of reading, but I just had to
>tell you what God has done and ask you to pray for me during this time of
>brokeness, healing, and restoration.

Wow. All this talk about repentance, Bible study, prayer, healing,
restoration, temptation, satan, bondage, miracles, freedom... Sounds
like this homosexual clearly understands what right and wrong are. So
the homosexual person some were defending the lifestyle of, has
"turned" on them and sided with all those they were arguing with all
along!

As I said, I'd already read this after receiving an email from a
friend - but isn't this JUST GREAT! It sounds like a real & powerful
repentance. This is the stuff that builds everyone's faith looking
on, even more than his own - and ain't it exciting? Woo hoooo!!!

And just think, if his SIN hadn't been brought into the open, the joy
he's now experiencing may never have taken place. If that guy hadn't
done the "wrong thing", KT would still be in bondage, on satan's side,
oppressed by demons and outside of Christ. The poor guy sure went
about things the wrong way - but look at the results and now spare a
prayer for him too.

Now - if we can only cure KT from that cotton candy music, he can go
on to perfection! :-D [grin]

Allan.

pastork

Feb 21, 2004, 3:31:18 PM2/21/04
Honestly Allan, you're line by line critique of Kirk's statement to
prove your argument is rather sickening. Don't use Kirk to help you
in your "Cyber fight" with liberals. It is neither Christian nor
profitable. I think his statement speaks for itself... Don't use it
for your advantage in biblical arguement.
And I'm not a liberal theologian. So don't attack me ... (please see
my other post in "kirk talley, the latest) if it ever shows up there.
Redeem the time, brother!
Pastor K

garydw

Feb 21, 2004, 5:20:44 PM2/21/04
Hey Allan;

NO WHERE IN THE KT statement did he say that being Gay was wrong. Or that he
was delivered from being Gay.

As for all the other people that where in that church. Well I was not there
so I have no idea what there thoughts where.

But being gay is ok, and acceptable to God.

Gary

"Just Allan" <just...@COLDhotmail.com> wrote in message

garydw

Feb 21, 2004, 5:23:30 PM2/21/04

"pastork" <pastor...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

I love how so much was read into the Kirk Talley statement. Yet no where did
he in mention being changed from the life of being Gay. No sir he did not
mention it at all. He did not even hint at it. But everyone sure did read
that into it. Sounds like you guys need to back to Kirk and get him to
really tell you up front and personal that what he meant.

Because he did not say he was changed or delivered from being Gay.

Gary

Paul Slopak, Jr.

Feb 21, 2004, 6:26:07 PM2/21/04
Hey guys, stop feeding the troll.

"garydw" <no.spam...@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

takeleus

Feb 21, 2004, 6:28:11 PM2/21/04
Just Allan <just...@COLDhotmail.com> wrote in message news:<n2se30l1s07t42c12...@4ax.com>...

All I can say after reading this is AMEN. You hit it right on the
head ALLEN. While i am only 34 and have not seen the moral decline of
the country, as my father who is 71 has. I have seen a moral decline
in the past 15 year that is leading to one important event. The
RAPTURE. When we stop seeking God and His ways there is a moral and
social falling away. And that is what is happening in the country.
From the Catholic church to the Southern Baptist, from Boston to San
Francisco, where is God. He is here as always, where are his people.
We are hiding in the shadows, where we have been since the 60's. I
believe that this country is living in captivity, just like Isreal did
so many time when they turned their backs on God and his ways. When
we are delievered from captivity we will have the rapture of the
church. We have skewed the lines of sin to make them socially correct
and tolerant. Several weeks ago i wrote a posting "Are you going to
Hell" while some of you were offened by my writing, some of you asked
me to call names (who are talking about), there is a underlying truth
to my posting. Love the sinner, Hate the sin. I do not feel the
Christian love here at times that we should have for all mankind. We
are debating the lifestyle of homosexuality and tar and feathering
Kirk because he has a problem. LOVE THE SINNER HATE THE SIN. I will
not debate the sincerity on Kirk repentence (and the Bible commands
that the rest of you not make that judgement as well). In the future
we can see by the fruits of hs work whether he has changed. We are
commanded to forgive, he has made a public profession that he has
changed, so we should believe him. I have never seen in church a
sinner come foward, fall down and repent, accept Jesus, and when the
person is presented to the church for Baptism and membership; that the
church says no, he is not repented. On to the bigger picture, we are
all believers in Christ and when he says that he has repented we are
to give him the benefit of the doubt, just like those that stand
before us on Sunday morning.

One final note, I would encourage everyone to read the rise and fall
of Romam empire. We are the Roman empire of the 21 century, we are
heading for a fall. Feed me and entertain me, isn't that where we are
at today. We will not be defeated we will simply fade away. And the
world power will shift back to the Middle East where God intended it
to be in the first place. For those of you that are wondering, God's
plan is for Jerusalam to be His capital not Washington DC.

Tony Kelley

Hank Gillette

Feb 21, 2004, 6:40:45 PM2/21/04
In article <n2se30l1s07t42c12...@4ax.com>,
Just Allan <just...@COLDhotmail.com> wrote:

> Now that the whole thing has been posted here, I'd like to point out
> some very obvious things from KT's comments, for the few here claiming
> you can be both a homosexual and a Christian.

I don't think anyone was claiming that Mr. Talley believes that. In
fact, it's obvious from what he's written, both in the most recent
message and previous ones that he believes that he was doing wrong. I'm
sure that he has suffered great anguish over what be believes versus
what he feels.

--
Hank Gillette

Jeff Thompson

Feb 21, 2004, 6:39:08 PM2/21/04

"pastork" <pastor...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

I am pretty sure I do not fully know what a liberal christian is. Although I
may be called one if it means I will err on the side of forgiveness and hope
rather than to cripple a sinner to get rid of his sin. I have in my life
been the biggest of sinners. I remember all to well those who would try with
the biggest bibles to smack me back into line. But my fond memories are of
those who loved me and told me so. Who prayed I would see what I was doing
wrong and who cried before God for me. They didnt use the two edged sword as
a child hacking a sandwich but used the love they had for the lord and his
creation to slice through my thickest errors to find the real me. So liberal
or fanatical I am not sure but you can be assured I will always rather go
the second mile than to yell go thataway.

Jeff

DJman

Feb 21, 2004, 6:53:44 PM2/21/04
Just Allan <just...@COLDhotmail.com> wrote in message news:<n2se30l1s07t42c12...@4ax.com>...

Well said Allen! Maybe this will open the door to Gods cleansing for
others with the same bondage.

Just Allan

Feb 21, 2004, 7:32:55 PM2/21/04
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:26:07 GMT, "Paul Slopak, Jr."
<pauls...@insightbb.com> wrote:

>Hey guys, stop feeding the troll.

Yep, fair enough Paul - I just wanted to show the one they were
"defending" has "turned against them" so to speak.

I'm done. ; )

Just Allan

Feb 21, 2004, 9:00:23 PM2/21/04
On 21 Feb 2004 15:53:44 -0800, p1t...@yahoo.com (DJman) wrote:

>Well said Allen! Maybe this will open the door to Gods cleansing for
>others with the same bondage.

First I'm accused of not showing Christian love to KT, who I didn't
really refer to in the first place, now people are STILL jumping on me
after I'm obviously aligning myself with the Bible and showing the
Christian love they wrongly accused me of withholding...

Gee, I'm glad some can read without the bias the gained from previous
dicussions. Praise God, DJman... Thanks. : )

Just Allan

Feb 21, 2004, 9:04:30 PM2/21/04
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:39:08 -0500, "Jeff Thompson"
<meth...@comcast.net> wrote:

>> Honestly Allan, you're line by line critique of Kirk's statement to
>> prove your argument is rather sickening.

I missed the above post - it never showed up here!? But anyway... I
wasn't "proving my argument". I was simply showing the homosexuals
and their supporters here who have been upholding the guy's right to
remain gay and in God - that even HE clearly acknowledges it's evil.
That's all.

TommyDale

Feb 21, 2004, 10:17:18 PM2/21/04
"garydw" <no.spam...@speakeasy.net> wrote in message news:<_LednUg3mp7...@speakeasy.net>...

> I love how so much was read into the Kirk Talley statement. Yet no where did
> he in mention being changed from the life of being Gay. No sir he did not
> mention it at all. He did not even hint at it. But everyone sure did read
> that into it. Sounds like you guys need to back to Kirk and get him to
> really tell you up front and personal that what he meant.
>
> Because he did not say he was changed or delivered from being Gay.
>
> Gary

You must be a total idiot on top of being a homosexual apologist. Why
do you think Kirk felt he was at "the Gates of Hell"? Why do you
think he admits to needing prayer? What part of homosexuality being a
sin do you not understand?

Bolorang

Feb 21, 2004, 10:56:25 PM2/21/04
On 21 Feb 2004 19:17:18 -0800, stormtr...@yahoo.com (TommyDale)
wrote:

Tommy,

I think you "hit the nail on the head." I'm sure Gary won't listen
and it's a waste of breath to ask him too.

Gary,

What will you say if Kirk comes out in a few months and states he has
been delivered from his homosexuality and states it is a sin?

Bolorang

Just Allan

Feb 22, 2004, 8:33:12 AM2/22/04
On 21 Feb 2004 15:28:11 -0800, t...@cei.net (takeleus) wrote:

>One final note, I would encourage everyone to read the rise and fall
>of Romam empire. We are the Roman empire of the 21 century, we are
>heading for a fall. Feed me and entertain me, isn't that where we are
>at today.

I live in a relatively small town, still called a regional area by
those that live in Sydney - and we have so many supermarkets and what
you guys call "malls", it's just ridiculous. Several times while
walking through them I've said to my wife that all the polished
marble, large indoor plants, "art" and the things you buy there all in
one place - remind me of Rome would have been like - actually, more
like Rome that Rome itself.

Allan.

Just Allan

Feb 22, 2004, 8:35:00 AM2/22/04
wrote:

>You must be a total idiot on top of being a homosexual apologist. Why

>do you think Kirk felt he was at "the Gates of Hell"? Why do you
>think he admits to needing prayer? What part of homosexuality being a
>sin do you not understand?

The bit he likes... Oh, I said I was finished didn't I? Sorry Paul.
[hangs head and walks away] : )

garydw

Feb 22, 2004, 8:34:21 AM2/22/04

"TommyDale" <stormtr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

As Kirk is the only one who can tell us exactly what he means. We should all
wait until he does.

He could have been dealing with the issue of sex additiion, or lying and
hiding who he was.

Kirk is the one to tell us, and I for one will wait for him to tell us the
story.

BTW: Being gay is not a sin.

Gary

garydw

Feb 22, 2004, 8:36:49 AM2/22/04

"Bolorang" <alocac...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
If Kirk makes that statement, I will accept it, it is up to him. But if he
does the next question would be....

Is this truth, or just a way to put his homosexuality back into the closet,
and return to making money?

I for one have meet a few so called cured or ex-gays, and every case they
are simply trying to hide the truth, and eventually it comes out.

So it all remains to be seen.

Gary

takeleus

Feb 22, 2004, 7:30:29 PM2/22/04

Sorry the posting was to long.

REvans2311

Feb 23, 2004, 1:21:25 AM2/23/04
AMEN TO TONY KELLEY!!!
That's what I have been saying all the time!

BigUn

Feb 23, 2004, 10:34:33 AM2/23/04

> Is this truth, or just a way to put his homosexuality back into the
closet,
> and return to making money?
>
> I for one have meet a few so called cured or ex-gays, and every case they
> are simply trying to hide the truth, and eventually it comes out.
>
> So it all remains to be seen.

I, for one, hope that Kirk does receive genuine deliverance from the demonic
oppressions that have plagued him for these many years. I think what you're
describing coincides with what I stated in another post that 6-18 months out
is the real test here. The demons will return and will try to take up
residence again.

I just hope and pray that Kirk (through the blood of Jesus) is able to
conquer them and doesn't just "return to making money".

I also hope that one day you too will be able to see the light and turn from
your chosen perversion.

BigUn

Feb 23, 2004, 10:40:50 AM2/23/04

"Hank Gillette" <hankgi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I don't think anyone was claiming that Mr. Talley believes that. In
> fact, it's obvious from what he's written, both in the most recent
> message and previous ones that he believes that he was doing wrong. I'm
> sure that he has suffered great anguish over what be believes versus
> what he feels.

Hank, for a self-professed "non-Christian" you sure do seem to have a strong
grasp of spiritual matters and don't have an aversion to talking about them.
It just befuddles me how you could understand such truths and yet refuse to
accept the salvation that Christ offers.

Sure you won't change your mind? It only takes Romans 10:9 and you don't
even have to be forced into going to church if you don't want to.

Come on Hank. How about it? PLEASE????

PURTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP?????

Hank Gillette

Feb 23, 2004, 12:01:17 PM2/23/04
In article <2ca5933815f3e951...@news.meganetnews.com>,
"BigUn" <manws...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hank, for a self-professed "non-Christian" you sure do seem to have a strong
> grasp of spiritual matters and don't have an aversion to talking about them.
> It just befuddles me how you could understand such truths and yet refuse to
> accept the salvation that Christ offers.

That's because I grew up in a Christian home, so I'm familiar with the
Bible (and most of the attitudes I see here). I'm also familiar with a
gay man trying to to be a Christian and marrying someone in the hope
that it will "convert" him.

> Sure you won't change your mind? It only takes Romans 10:9 and you don't
> even have to be forced into going to church if you don't want to.

Yeah, I'm sure. It's hard for me to take seriously an omniscient and
omnipotent God who blames his creations when things go wrong. YMMV.

I still like Jake Hess, though.

--
Hank Gillette

Bolorang

Feb 23, 2004, 6:22:21 PM2/23/04

Perhaps you should take one of Jake's song's seriously.....Somebody
Bigger Than You and I. Just a thought Hank.

Have you ever seen a child born? Or, just looked at the beauty of the
world? How can y ou see these things and not know there is a God.

God gives us free will Hank. It's a pity the way you are excercising
your own.

Hank Gillette

Feb 23, 2004, 8:41:59 PM2/23/04
In article <tk2l30hjv1riqvtk0...@4ax.com>,
Bolorang <alocac...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> God gives us free will Hank. It's a pity the way you are excercising
> your own.

What makes you think you have free will?

--
Hank Gillette

Bolorang

Feb 23, 2004, 8:46:14 PM2/23/04

God gives me the choice to accept his Jesus as my saviour. I can
choose to accept him or not. That is free will.

Just Allan

Feb 23, 2004, 9:04:55 PM2/23/04
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:01:17 -0500, Hank Gillette
<hankgi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>That's because I grew up in a Christian home, so I'm familiar with the
>Bible (and most of the attitudes I see here). I'm also familiar with a
>gay man trying to to be a Christian and marrying someone in the hope
>that it will "convert" him.

Using an error to fix an error - is an error.

>Yeah, I'm sure. It's hard for me to take seriously an omniscient and
>omnipotent God who blames his creations when things go wrong. YMMV.

No more difficult (or foolish) than listening to SG when you don't
believe in its main subject.

REvans2311

Feb 23, 2004, 11:32:52 PM2/23/04
>From: "BigUn"
>>

>I, for one, hope that Kirk does receive genuine deliverance from the demonic
>oppressions that have plagued him for these many years. I think what you're
>describing coincides with what I stated in another post that 6-18 months out
>is the real test here. The demons will return and will try to take up
>residence again.
>
>I just hope and pray that Kirk (through the blood of Jesus) is able to
>conquer them and doesn't just "return to making money".
>
>I also hope that one day you too will be able to see the light and turn from
>your chosen perversion.

DUDE!!!! I was almost convinced that you were actually supporting Talley here!
until jab about making money! I guess the fact that Talley would be making
money at singing is a bad thing??? I guess it was a stretch to believe that
you could actually make a post without injecting a little negativity in it!

Some things never change! I hope Talley makes a fortune to make up for all he
has lost!

Hank Gillette

Feb 24, 2004, 8:35:04 AM2/24/04
In article <l2bl30907cugoeph7...@4ax.com>,
Bolorang <alocac...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >What makes you think you have free will?
>
> God gives me the choice to accept his Jesus as my saviour. I can
> choose to accept him or not. That is free will.

But if God knows before you make your choice which choice you will make,
and knew from the beginning of time, your free will is simply an
illusion.

--
Hank Gillette

Hank Gillette

Feb 24, 2004, 8:37:20 AM2/24/04
In article <v5cl30pusc5die5mu...@4ax.com>,
Just Allan <just...@COLDhotmail.com> wrote:

> >Yeah, I'm sure. It's hard for me to take seriously an omniscient and
> >omnipotent God who blames his creations when things go wrong. YMMV.
>
> No more difficult (or foolish) than listening to SG when you don't
> believe in its main subject.

I don't see the problem here. For example, I can enjoy watching the
movie "The Wizard of Oz", even though I don't believe in witches,
fairies, talking scarecrows, or flying monkeys.

--
Hank Gillette

Bolorang

Feb 24, 2004, 9:36:20 AM2/24/04

No, We can freely choose to accept his Son or not. He doesn't
program our mind not to make the choice. We simply decide to or not.
Aren't you deciding not to accept Christ? That's a choice your
making.

Has there ever been a time you've felt convicted of your sin's and
knew you needed a Saviour to forgive you of them? If there was you
should ask him into your heart.

First of all, do you believe in God and a literal Heaven and Hell?

If you do believe in Heaven and believe your going to go there because
your a nice guy or did good deeds, your mistaken. The Bible is clear,
there is only one way to get to Heaven and that is to accept Christ as
Saviour.

I believe the problem you have Hank is your trying to use logic and
reasoning for accepting God. Everything has to be in order for you.
You have to have a logical explanation to give your life order.

There are many religions in the world and all of them except
Christanity have a fundamental flaw. For example, Muslims can visit
Mohammed's bones at Mecca. Buddist can place flowers on the grave of
Budda. To paraphrase a song by Daryl Williams, You can journey to
Jerusalem to a graveyard if you dare, and look for Jesus body and
there ain't nobody there.

You see Hank, unlike these other religions, Jesus rose from the grave
and ascended to Heaven. He had to die for our sin's because we could
never live good enough or keep the laws in order to get to Heaven.
That's the logical difference and the reason Jesus Is and Was and
forever will be.

BigUn

Feb 24, 2004, 9:19:31 AM2/24/04

"REvans2311" <revan...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I was almost convinced that you were actually supporting Talley here!

That IS support, hater.

> I guess the fact that Talley would be making money at singing is a bad
thing???

Concerning ANYONE (not just KT) that is using the gospel to make money,
while living in unrepentent sin, it is a bad thing. A very, very bad thing.
Same thing applies to those around them that remain silent, allowing sin to
continue, while they benefit financially. Hopefully (hint: this is my
sincere hope laced with healthy skepticism) that has been changed within
KT's ministry forever. Time will tell.

> Some things never change! I hope Talley makes a fortune to make up for
all he
> has lost!

If he has truly changed, then amen brother. I hope he wins thousands of
souls.

You know, it just struck me funny that I don't remember a single one of your
posts having anything to say about anybody except KT. The whole purpose for
the messenger to exist, unless you have set the messenger up as your
personal idol, is to proclaim the gospel in order to bring souls into God's
Kingdom. Why aren't you concerned with souls coming into the kingdom?

BigUn

Feb 26, 2004, 11:45:10 AM2/26/04

"Bolorang" <alocac...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Gary,
>
> What will you say if Kirk comes out in a few months and states he has
> been delivered from his homosexuality and states it is a sin?
>
> Bolorang

What will the rest of the SG world say if Kirk comes back in a few
months/years and says he's still gay and "God made him that way"? Will our
resident, rabit KT fans still be tolerant or will they be willing to say
it's wrong and move on?

Clarence Grigsby Jr.

Feb 27, 2004, 8:02:05 AM2/27/04
"BigUn" <manws...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<006998daf4f471b0...@news.meganetnews.com>...

I'm sure the rabit fans will hop on down the bunny trail and be happy....

Just Allan

Feb 27, 2004, 8:44:33 AM2/27/04
On 27 Feb 2004 05:02:05 -0800, Clarence...@webtv.net (Clarence
Grigsby Jr.) wrote:

At least they can't... breed like rabbits.

BigUn

Mar 1, 2004, 9:37:33 AM3/1/04
Please don't take offense Hank. I don't see a "problem" with you listening
to SG. In fact, it's certainly none of my business what you want to do. The
point of my question was how is it possible to listen to a gospel message
without feeling conviction? I guess my question is really aimed at the other
Christians in this NG. If SG is really "spreading the gospel", then why
isn't it bringing conviction and compelling Hank to want to live for Christ?

"Hank Gillette" <hankgi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hank Gillette

Mar 1, 2004, 10:21:17 PM3/1/04
In article <962383e57884d111...@news.meganetnews.com>,
"BigUn" <manws...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Please don't take offense Hank. I don't see a "problem" with you listening
> to SG.

I'm not offended. Nothing that has been said here has offended me very
much, other than the manner that some of it was said.

--
Hank Gillette